Gotta go my own way - see ya!

Happy Almost New Year!

I just wanted to touch base with you since I haven't been on mfp for a couple weeks - and I don't know how you guys are surviving without my constant two cents! (ok, that was totally a sarcastic comment - I know you are fine!) I sent this as an email to people whose email addresses I had a few days ago.

I don't have any "bad feelings" about anyone, and as soon as I have time, I'll figure out my MySpace account, I'll come back and post contact info.

I was spending way too much time on the website and getting so much conflicting information that I became overwhelmed, unable to move forward, and I was feeling "stuck" emotionally and unable to focus.

I am a VERY private and solitary person by nature and I don't bond with people easily. I was sharing so much of my personal experience that I was feeling really vulnerable and had to pull back. I also have to find a job, and I can't afford the time it takes to post messages - yet I can't stop giving (maybe unnecessary) advice. Sometimes I am such a know-it-all that even "I" get tired of myself.

I will continue to keep track of food and maybe at some point in the future will feel more like "talking" but for now I have to find my own way without the constant bombardment of conflicting information: so I won't be checking the "Community" boards.

I feel like I know you, and I will miss your good humor.

Stay strong! Keep up all the hard work. I'm still swimming with those dolphins - in a bathing suit - in May!

Cheryl

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Happy Almost New Year!

I just wanted to touch base with you since I haven't been on mfp for a couple weeks - and I don't know how you guys are surviving without my constant two cents! (ok, that was totally a sarcastic comment - I know you are fine!) I sent this as an email to people whose email addresses I had a few days ago.

I don't have any "bad feelings" about anyone, and as soon as I have time, I'll figure out my MySpace account, I'll come back and post contact info.

I was spending way too much time on the website and getting so much conflicting information that I became overwhelmed, unable to move forward, and I was feeling "stuck" emotionally and unable to focus.

I am a VERY private and solitary person by nature and I don't bond with people easily. I was sharing so much of my personal experience that I was feeling really vulnerable and had to pull back. I also have to find a job, and I can't afford the time it takes to post messages - yet I can't stop giving (maybe unnecessary) advice. Sometimes I am such a know-it-all that even "I" get tired of myself.

I will continue to keep track of food and maybe at some point in the future will feel more like "talking" but for now I have to find my own way without the constant bombardment of conflicting information: so I won't be checking the "Community" boards.

Stay strong! Keep up all the hard work. I'm still swimming with those dolphins - in a bathing suit - in May!

Cheryl
  • Take care of yourself, Cheryl...

you will be welcomed back with open arms, you can be sure
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Good Luck Cheryl.
    You will be missed but we will all welcome you back!
    From a fellow. Know It All... :wink:
    BTW, Have fun with the dolphins.
    --Diann...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Happy Almost New Year!

Cheryl
    :sad: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Gonna miss your straight to the point answers and great advice.:cry:
    Good luck to you.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'm gonna MMMMIIIIIIISSSSS :sad: your sarcastic wit, Cheryl. But everyone has to do what is best for them. Thank you for sharing your advice with us, I personally loved it. :flowerforyou: Enjoy your swim with the dolphins--go get em! ~Karen
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I never thought your comments were "know-it-all" esque at all! I always looked forward to your postings.

You'll be missed. Take good care of yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Do what you need to do Cheryl. We will miss you. We are all on a journey and sometimes our journeys take us different ways. Wish you best of luck on your path. Thank you for all the encouragement and thoughts in the past.

Eve
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Hey - wait! I just got back on and my racing pal is leaving me????

Cheryl - do what you need to do for you. I wish you all the best in your goals and hope everything you wish for becomes yours - especially your dolphin swim. No matter what, I will think of you everytime I see a NASCAR race and have a warm spot in my heart for my friend out there somewhere being witty, maybe starting up a magazine, who knows what!

Big Hugs!!!!! Julie
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    You will definatley be missed!! :cry:
    Good luck to you and hope you find everything you are looking for in 2008!! :flowerforyou:

Amanda
  • good luck! drop a line now and then when you're comfortable.
    Christy