strength training or circuit training

Options
im starting turbo sculpt today and i was wondering how i would list it under my exercise... strength training or circuit training? i've never done it before so im not exactly sure which way i need to list it. thanks :o)

Replies

• NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If turbo sculpt involves any cardio in the mix, then I would put it as circuit training.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    strength training won't give you any calories. If it is a constant moving class, I would suggest circuit training, but be careful because the circuit training calories are really high. I do a body pump class and I googled how many calories on average they burn. My research said about 250 calories but MFP for the same time says 600. I went with 250. Then I got a heart monitor and the HRM says about 250-275.

Have fun!:drinker:
  • beka_a
    beka_a Posts: 4
    Options
    If you log it under strength training it won't add any calories or time to your exercise log, so it depends on why you are doing the exercise. If you are doing to burn fat/calories and you sweat/become out of breath when you do it then I would log it as cardio but also but the moves/sets you did in strength training. Basically I just use the strength training to track which muscle exercises I do on which days etc.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I list it as circuit training. It is a great workout, enjoy!!