grilled greens, anyone do this?

Options
jojoworks
jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
My CSA farm box deliveries start this week so I'll be having an influx of chard, kale, romaine, beets, etc starting up. I've recently acquired a gas grill and I'm excited to find ways to utilize it for all my farm veggies. I'm curious if any of you have tried grilling your greens and if so what methods work best for you. I googled it and found some ideas but thought I'd ask y'all.

I've been into fish taco lately, so I'm thinking grilled fish on a bed of grilled greens and veggies on a corn tortilla may be the ticket

thanks and have fun eating!

Replies

• amys12
    amys12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I sometimes grill asparagus and its yummy! I put it in aluminum foil, spray with "I can't believe its not butter spray" and salt and pepper. I fold the aluminum foil lightly- maybe even poke holes in it to vent.. I grill for maybe 10 min? Just keep checking it. You can do this with any combo of veggies. Good stuff!!! :)
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm fairly clued into how to grill veggies....I'm specifically wondering about greens like chard, romaine, beet greens, etc. Anyone out there tried grilling their greens?