Frustrated and Impatient with Slow Weight Loss

2»

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    In case it hasn't been brought up (though if it has, or if you're already doing this, then my apologies and disregard):

Make sure you're weighing your dry foods and measuring your wet. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to miscalculate cereal + milk for example, or a "tablespoon" of nuts.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Good thread revival from 2 years ago...for your first post. Magnificent!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    I have stuck like glue to 1200 calories and have lost 31 pounds since Thanksgiving. I do take a brisk 30 minute walk every day. I as bored to death watching TV every night, so I took on a second job three evenings a week. The job is in a fast paced retail pharmacy, and I'm on my feet the entire time. (My regular job is a desk job.) Anyway, try beefing up your activity level. You just might surprise yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    This thread is from 2011
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    What has worked well for me for the last 6-7 weeks is to fix my carbs/protein/fat to 30/30/40%. I try to eat an avocado mixed with some pico de gallo for a yummy guacamole about 3x/week. I lowered my sodium levels to 1500 mg/day & shoot for anything below. Making my own foods makes that possible. I still am able to eat my favorite foods, like Alfredo.

My focus is to not meet my calorie requirement, but stay under my sodium. Also, if you up your potassium by eating more veggies, fruits, & lean meat to 40x what your goal weight is helps offset the sodium in my body. (Avocados are great to eat w/ weight loss, high in potassium. Baked potatoes are great too & filling.) I drink over 20 glasses of water/day, drinking more than 1/2 my body weight in oz.

I do wear a heart rate monitor when working out, walk more than 10k steps/day, & do intervals just walking switching from my fat burn zone to my carb burn zone. I do different workouts to keep my body guessing, like swimming or walking w/ different intensity.

Hope some of these items gives you some ideas to try out for yourself.
  • mrscarolbernard
    mrscarolbernard Posts: 32 Member
    I am in the same boat as you.....started in march also and have ony lost 17lbs......changed up routine....workout 6x/wk....water....nt sure what else to do.....

Uh, 17 lbs seems like good progress to me!
This discussion has been closed.