MOCK mashed potato's YUMMY!

Options
Not sure if it's ever been posted on here but it's the best mashed potatos....err....cauliflower I have ever eaten. My thirteen y/o son didnt know the difference!!

boil a head of cauliflower till soft and tender
drain....dump in food processor... add salt/pepper and a little spray butter or butter flakes..... blend until fluffy!
Seriously you will be amazed! AND OH SO GOOD FOR YOU!!

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My husband would absolutely KILL me for doing that to him...but I may have to! :tongue:
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thank you, great idea and a good way to get the vegies in..........
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this, but never tried it. I think I need to get me a head of cauliflower!
  • lindsayleeneilson
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE these too!!! instead of butter, i use a little fat free cream cheese and a pin of garlic :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have got to try that.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Does it actually taste like mashed potato as I am not a fan of cauliflower...
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump i wanted potatoes so bad last night i thought about trying this but didnt know what all to use for flavoring i was like would i use milk?? hahaha! thanks for the info
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My husband would absolutely KILL me for doing that to him...but I may have to! :tongue:
    I made some on Monday but what i did was make it 1/4 potatoes and 3/4 cauliflower. my son had no idea! lol it was great i made mashed potatoes and meatballs with GRAVY! the total calorie count was 300 ..
  • Schrieebee
    Schrieebee Posts: 13
    Options
    It really does!!! I passed it off on my son....who eats no veggies except green beans! You should have seen the look on his face when i told him what he ate! He didnt believe me.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it was disgusting when I made it. My whole family agreed. We were all up for trying it, but it tasted all wrong. Gritty.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump for later,

Thanks I will have to try this on my family!
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it was disgusting when I made it. My whole family agreed. We were all up for trying it, but it tasted all wrong. Gritty.
    I used a hand blender to make it nice and smooth and i added 1 tsp of margarine to it.
  • aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!
  • XTurkishMamiX
    XTurkishMamiX Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i always make these and LOVEEEEEEEE it i cant even taste the difference
  • seardefilip
    Options
    gonna try this tonight- we love mashed potatoes so this may be a really impressive alternative to it for my daughter and myself-
  • lizzypants
    Options
    bump i wanted potatoes so bad last night i thought about trying this but didnt know what all to use for flavoring i was like would i use milk?? hahaha! thanks for the info

Don't use milk - it tends to make the cauliflower mash watery/runny. A bit of spray butter works best. It's also good mixed with 1 egg and a bit of reduced fat sour cream as a topper for a Shephard's Pie (with ground sirloin and edamame)
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    if you want to try it i would suggest with something on top to hid the flavor or texture differences. I put a light gravy on mine.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The trick is to cook it until very mushy before putting it into the food processor. I make sure I drain it for a long time before also to get all the excess water out. I then pop the puree back into a microwave dish, nuke it for a minute to reheat it, add 2 oz of cream cheese, garlic salt and pepper, a splash of cream if too thick and then serve with a sprinkling of sea salt. YUUUUUUUMMMMMMM. I low carb so I use full fat cheeses and cream. It is the best!
  • MsCandyLynn
    MsCandyLynn Posts: 123
    Options
    Not sure if it's ever been posted on here but it's the best mashed potatos....err....cauliflower I have ever eaten. My thirteen y/o son didnt know the difference!!

boil a head of cauliflower till soft and tender
    drain....dump in food processor... add salt/pepper and a little spray butter or butter flakes..... blend until fluffy!
    Seriously you will be amazed! AND OH SO GOOD FOR YOU!!

you can also add slice cheese to it and blend until melted and top it over sheppard pie and it is really delish also!