I finally felt skinny when...

Options
littleluvbug
littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
I had one of those triumphant moments this morning...I have lost a lot of weight, and I have found a very common theme around people who have lost a large amount. It's hard for me to adjust my body image to what I really look like now. I still see that 240 pound woman in the mirror whenever I try any clothing on or when I catch a glimpse of myself. Now that it's been almost a year since I've reached my goal, I had one of those amazing moments this morning. I put on WHITE shorts...that's right, white shorts and I look HOT!!! I used to run the other way from anything that wasn't black or concealing. Now, I want to show it. So, how about you? What was your "skinny" moment? Keep up the good work everyone, I am proof that anyone can do it with myfitnesspal.com alone!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I am proof that anyone can do it with myfitnesspal.com alone!

Thats not true, you had a hell of a lot of work, sweat, tears and determination too.

MFP just enables. Your own willpower is what makes the difference. Don't sell yourself short, Skinnygirl ;)
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am the same way.....still see the "old" me in the mirror.
    My moment was when I had a sleeveless shirt on and I think I looked pretty good. Used to HATE my arms and would rarely wear sleeveless!! YEAH FOR US!! : )
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    MFP just enables. Your own willpower is what makes the difference. Don't sell yourself short, Skinnygirl ;)
    [/quote]

WELL SAID!!!
    And congrats on the amazing weight loss!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Wahoo....Congrats that's awesome!!

My mini skinny moment was this morning I grabbed a white and pink t-shirt
    off the dryer got dressed, didn't realize until my daughter said hey that's my shirt
    it is a xs (and fits good) lol love it!
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I bought a sexy black dress one week before I got pregnant with my oldest daughter (in 2006 when I was a skinny minnie). I never got to wear it because of pregnancy and never losing the weight. I finally lost every pound I had gained this year and miraculously, Mom found that black dress hanging in her closet. I reluctantly tried it on and IT FITS. Now I can't wait for a date night with my Hubby so that I can finally show that dress off. That was my "skinny moment".

You should be SO proud of yourself! I can't imagine the hard work you put in to get to where you are.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Hooray! I'm so happy for you!
  • terri0804
    terri0804 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats on your wt lost!
  • kimdoes
    kimdoes Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow- I am the exact opposite. I was always so thin. I quit smoking several years ago and packed on a lot of "comfy relationship" pounds along with the no nicotine pounds. In my mind, I was still thin. In my pictures, some fat chick has consumed me & is now my personal representative! When I try to buy clothes, she tries them on for me! It's awful! It finally hit me (when my Dr said you're not overweight, you're obese) that I'm not what I used to be and I got really self conscious over my body.
    Congratulations on your weight loss and on keeping it off. That is truly incredible! I hope that eventually I find myself inside this obese beast and will feel skinny again. :)
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your "healthy" journey in life!!!! You are truly an inspiration!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!