Juice fasting/ detox diets..

Options
Has anyone tried any juice fasting or detox diets to jump-start their weight loss efforts? Any thoughts or opinions? I swear I can feel the fast food grease flowing through my veins and I feel like I need a good cleanse!! lol

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy fresh foods , drink plenty of water your body will do the rest!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have done the 3-Day Cleanse using Shakeology...lost eight pounds before jumping into doing Insanity.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this comment
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Me too! No cleanse in the world can out perform your liver after a few days of healthy eating and lots of H20!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

this.
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    Water provides the best cleanse for me! (Copious amounts during a cheat day! Hehe) Can't go wrong with good ol' h2o :-)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I hate when people post and don't actually answer your question lol - I've been doing it for over a week now and I've not weighed myself yet but I've visibly lost quite a bit of weight and can fit into clothes that were too tight before I started.
    It actually makes you feel pretty good, and it's not as hard as you'd think.
    I find it a lot easier to discipline myself to just drinking juice than to eating small portions of healthy foods - once I start I can't stop! But yeah you get fast results and it gives you a boost - in confidence as well as physically. Just make sure you take supplements as well during your fast to make up for the other vitamins/minerals you might be missing.
    And no a juice fast isn't that healthy but it does give you a good kick start towards losng weight, and it also helps teach you discipline and helps you redefine your thinking about food.