oven vs. microwave - who will win???

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
i find that food tastes ten times better when made or reheated in the oven. especially pizza and chinese food. what do you think?????

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    i find that food tastes ten times better when made or reheated in the oven. especially pizza and chinese food. what do you think?????
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Oven is much better, especially convection oven. I'm not much for microwave, I find that pizzas are too soggy.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I agree!! I never use my mic except to heat the babies food. Food just never tastes right done in the mic.
  • oven, hands down. I try not to reheat anything in a microwave. i do make my bacon it in, or heat up a frozen dish, but that's about it.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :heart: I reheat almost everything on a Pizzaz because it retains flavor, crispness and moistness! No microwave taste!:heart:
  • I'm one of those women that HATE heat... so I pretty much despise turning on the oven unless it's well into November! :wink:

I'll eat things room temperature or microwave them just to take the chill off... I do use the microwave and ziplock steamer bags for steaming shrimp, chicken and veggies... If you haven't tried them... YOU'LL LOVE THEM! Truly a healthy meal in minutes!

As for the quality of food in the microwave vs the oven... oven will win hands down... simply because microwaves for the most part weren't meant to brown, bake, broil... If you need all that... get one that is a dual convection/microwave. They're not nearly as expensive as they once were.
This discussion has been closed.