Ballet Inspired Workouts??

Options
Has anyone tried any of the ballet inspired workouts like the Barre Method or Barre3?? I am looking for recommendations!! I'm currently doing 6 workouts a week with a combination of the elliptical and Jillian Michaels DVDs, but I want to mix it up!! I'm adding in some ballet inspired workouts and yoga...any opinions are helpful :D.

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• muffindowd
    muffindowd Posts: 55
    Options
    Anyone?? Hahaha!! Now I am not necessarily looking for recommendations because I have Barre3 and The Bar Method DVDs and LOVE them!! Does anyone else do these workouts?? I'd love to have a friend on my list to chat with about them and motivate each other!!
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Rather than create a new post about this- I thought I'd reply to this one.

I find dance to be a great workout and would like to start up a weekly routine and get some use out of my Fluidity Bar (<3 it).

I haven't tried the Accelerated Bar Workout (I think that's one of Barre Method series), but I did get a few dvds:

Finis Jhung Ballet Level 1
    Pure Barre Level 1
    Fluidity workouts (of course)
    Xtend Barre- Lean & Chiseled (haven't tried it- but really looking forward to it)

My best guess for my rotation now will be at least 15 mins of yoga after a ballet (or other type of dance) workout session. I think on alternate days I'll try to fit in some pilates and possibly some strength training.

Besides Ballet, I like Bellydance, Bollywood (totally fun & hilarious), and Tahitian/Hawaiian Hula.