Why do I always do it?

:Why when I see the scale move I ALWAYS sabotage myself and eat something I know I should not eat!!!!! :noway: I mean, I want to lose the weight. For Instance I am 2 pounds from the 230's gone forever and what do I do??? I go to Sonic and order a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BLAST!!!!!:noway: That has 680 calories in it!!! Now I am over my calories by -130 I have a football game tonight so no chance that I can get a workout in!!! I don't understand why I did it, now I am feeling horrible about it.

I guess I will just eat nothing for supper and try to get in a workout Sunday afternoon! I have to work the election tomorrow and U know how boring that is!!!! I am going to take good snacks with me, so maybe I can just eat 1,200 calories tomorrow........I know, I know......why did I do it if I was going to worry about it later, and now to top all that off, I feel sick now :sick: :sick: because I have not had sugar in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    :Why when I see the scale move I ALWAYS sabotage myself and eat something I know I should not eat!!!!! :noway: I mean, I want to lose the weight. For Instance I am 2 pounds from the 230's gone forever and what do I do??? I go to Sonic and order a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A BLAST!!!!!:noway: That has 680 calories in it!!! Now I am over my calories by -130 I have a football game tonight so no chance that I can get a workout in!!! I don't understand why I did it, now I am feeling horrible about it.

I guess I will just eat nothing for supper and try to get in a workout Sunday afternoon! I have to work the election tomorrow and U know how boring that is!!!! I am going to take good snacks with me, so maybe I can just eat 1,200 calories tomorrow........I know, I know......why did I do it if I was going to worry about it later, and now to top all that off, I feel sick now :sick: :sick: because I have not had sugar in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :smile: You have to eat a healthy supper and don't worry about today because tomorrow will be here and today is gone! From now on when you want to sabatoge yourself do it with healthy alternatives like fruit or raw veggies, sugar free popsicles. We all do this because of our love affair with food so it takes time to recondition our brains to stop, I know you can do it!!!!:smile:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    i know exactly how you are feeling. I do the same thing, but in the past once I sabotaged one day I would do it for the next few days. i no longer do that thanks to mfp and the food journal. So don't be so hard on yourself you can do it. You will get a lot of support here also. Losing weight is the hardest thing I have had to do. I stopped smoking easier than I can lose weight.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    cause after all that hard work you felt you deserved a treat. And you did, you just chose a bad one. You need to find something yummy and healty that you can enjoy as your treat, so when you are patting yourself on the back, it doesn't sabatage your whole diet.

You can't not eat tonight, it will only prove to your mind that all this hard work isn't worth it. Eat protien tonight and stay away from carbs and fat, to fill you so you don't eat another 600 calories of crap.

Remember we can't change what has happened in the past, only what will take place in the future. So stop beating yourself up.

BTW, I am not an expert, but I think your daily calorie allotment is too low for you to be able to maintain, that is why you feel the urge to cheat so badly. Reevaluate how many calories you should be consuming per day to maintain your current weight, then deduct 500-750 a day. If you go lower than that you will cheat. :)