Not quite weight loss.

Options
Jessicat9
Jessicat9 Posts: 9 Member
Hey,

I just wanted to share my story with anyone feeling a little dejected if they aren't losing the weight they wished they were. I've been at my current weight (140lbs) since I was about 16. I was unfit and loved to eat chocolate. At 22 I am still 140lbs but I work out a lot. When I used to get on the scales I almost felt there was no point as I wasn't losing weight. But then...

I did the London to Brighton cycle race on Sunday just gone and the next day I did not ache at all, I did the ride in 5 1/2 hours and even managed to cycle up ditchling beacon without having to walk. Although, my weight hasn't changed, my fitness levels have changed dramatically and I know now that my lack of weight loss is partially due to an increase in body muscle.

Basically I just wanted to remind anyone out there who felt like me... Weight loss isn't the only measure of success. Try record your fitness attempts too and then beat them. The rewards of finding out you are much fitter than you used to be is just as good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!