Diet Pills Are The Way To Go, RIGHT?

Options
WRONG!! I used to be an avid diet pill dieter and that's how I would lose my weight in addition to minimal exercise. The weight usually came off and then when I would stop taking them it would come back because I NEVER actually changed my eating habits although the pills made me eat less. Well since starting my journey with MFP on April 7th, 2011 I didn't take any diet pills to get the weight off that I have so far UNTIL the other day. I went into GNC to get my regular Women's Active Pills and somehow scored a FREE bottle of Hydroxycut Extreme. I got home and figured well there's no way I am taking the recommended amount because I will be one crazy crack head. So I ONLY took 1..l had a ton of energy and I thought I could do this for a month to get the extra weight off that I should've lost by now, BUT then I started feeling sick, irritable and like I had failed myself. I realized that all those years that I had attempted to lose wait and used them I was destroying my body and that this time I DIDN'T NEED THEM!!!! The next day I didn't take any and I felt miserably sick, it was all I could do to force myself to eat, day 3 of not taking any I started having chest pains (I used to have these before I started with MFP in April when I would drink an alcoholic beverage with sugar in it, like a mixed drink), that day I actually have 7 or 8 chest pain episodes and thought to myself why the hell did I take that pill? Here's the moral of the story, my body did finally start getting back to normal yesterday and I am feeling much better. Dude I felt that bad and I only took 1 damn pill, I cannot believe what we do to ourselves when we are on it for months at a time. WE DON'T NEED THE PILLS, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAYS, we have MFP and we can do this together and achieve our goals. *****HIGH FIVE***** :-D

Replies

• mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    **** HIGH FIVE ****** YAY FOR YOU!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I agree- I was considering taking Mega T- which is a Green Tea supplement with many other questionable ingredients and decided not to mess with it.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i know someone whos doing all the fad food, pills, methods and it doesnt work! The only thing that will work is exercise & learning to eat healthy
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and reminder! Glad you're feeling better!!!!!! Everyone wants a quick fix to our weight problems, but the truth is what you said...we have to do it right in order to keep the weight off. All that other stuff will kill us faster than eating fast food everyday!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! No crazy crack heads here! You are freakin hysterical!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Right on!!!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOL, I thought that would bring a smile to someone's face, but seriously it wanted me to work up to taking 9 of those pills a day. Yeah NO
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ****High Five****

Way to go girl and I totally agree with your post. I've done the same thing and yea guess what it all came back and sometimes more. It's better to do it yourself and change your lifestyle to a healthy one instead of relying on some pill and messes up your whole system.

Awesome post girl!!
  • Truetothefullest
    Options
    Happy you're feeling better.. them pills are no joke.
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Preach on sista :) all natural is the way to go!!!!!! Very proud of you !!!!
  • jus_me77
    jus_me77 Posts: 47
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better. I took diet pills for many years and I was just recently diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia. I firmly believe that is what caused it. I am only 34 and having to take heart medication. I wish I knew then what I knew now. Congrats on realizing you don't need those things!
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    Diet pills are almost always a bad idea!!
  • grimnir
    grimnir Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I don't take them, and obviously taking diet pills without fixing your maintenance eating habits isn't going to do anything for you long term, but I don't see anything wrong with taking it for a while, or restrictive diets or whatever. Just because this is the healthiest way to go doesn't mean it's the only one that works. On my last diet I smoked like a chimney and drank a couple diet energy drinks a day, and it was fine. I didn't gain any of the weight back afterwards, and it helped with the cravings at the time. I just don't think there's only one right way to lose weight is all. Since I turned 30 my system no longer responds well to caffeine (anxiety, nausea, trouble sleeping, night sweats, sometimes arrythmatic heartbeat), so I've given it up (and smoke like 1-3 cigarettes a week), but if it doesn't bug you much and it's only temporary, why not?