Mullets and Mall Hair

Options
Okay, fess up. What is the one completely dated style that you still try to wear/do?

Everyone wore Doc Martin shoes when I was in high school. Maybe its because I bought all 6 pair of mine with my own money (they are $100 a pair!), but I just can't throw them away. And I'm wearing them today.

There is a high school down the street from me, so the kids walk past my house every morning. When I was taking out the garbage one morning the snotty high school girls actually snickered at my AMAZING Doc Martins.

I think they're just jealous. lol

Okay... YOUR TURN!

Replies

• rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Okay, fess up. What is the one completely dated style that you still try to wear/do?

Everyone wore Doc Martin shoes when I was in high school. Maybe its because I bought all 6 pair of mine with my own money (they are $100 a pair!), but I just can't throw them away. And I'm wearing them today.

There is a high school down the street from me, so the kids walk past my house every morning. When I was taking out the garbage one morning the snotty high school girls actually snickered at my AMAZING Doc Martins.

I think they're just jealous. lol

Okay... YOUR TURN!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my docs, i have a black pair and a maroon pair, want to treat myself to a funky new pair when i hit my goals!

docs rule! :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    In high school, I was more goth and rock 'n' roll than anything.....I still haven't let go of my love of the mid-late 90s fashions and hair. Before micro-zippers on jeans were invented and ponchos came back.......

*sigh*
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    There is no style or do that I still try to pull off. But I still love the music from all the 80's Hair Bands! My kids can't stand Saturday morning because I need to listen to it to clean my house - it motivates me!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    There is no style or do that I still try to pull off. But I still love the music from all the 80's Hair Bands! My kids can't stand Saturday morning because I need to listen to it to clean my house - it motivates me!

O totally!!! I mean, I was just starting grade school when they hit their height of popularity....but com'mon!!! Who does start belting along to Def Lepord or White Snake??? Love it!
  • rethun01
    Options
    Oh man, 80's music is awesome. In the Chicago area we have this AWESOME 80's cover band we go and see all the time called 16 Candles. (www.sixteencandlesband.com) Go check out their website, I'm pretty sure they have songs on there you can listen to.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    For me it's jeans - I just cannot get into the skinny jean! YUCK! (For my body shape - some people pull it off great!) so I am still wearing a boot cut jean (not really a flare - I've retired those - AND they are recent buys from the Gap) but I just don't feel so current in them - BUT they are what my body shape needs.... Thankfully weight loss had made me buy a new wardrobe, so things in my closet are pretty current.

So I rock the look of a boot cut jean!
    :love:

((I was guilty of wearning my maternity clothes AFTER I had the baby because none of my clothes fit!!!)):blushing:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

Mullets and mall hair are out of style??:embarassed:
  • Jules4506
    Options
    I still roll my t-shirt sleeves up. I got so used to it that it feels weird to wear my t-shirts without rolling the sleeves up now!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

Oh man! You guys............you weren't supposed to let her know that!!!

Dag nabit..........gonna have to make a call! :grumble:

:wink: :laugh:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

Hahaha! I know a mullet (Old Billy Ray Cyrus) but what is "mall hair"?
    :ohwell:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I love digital cable's 80s station----there is really nothing better than 80s music! lol
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

I know, where did our memo on this go? :laugh:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/LB/jerseymallhair.jpg
  • rethun01
    Options
    Wait!!!

That is when you curl your bangs and tease them up all big and then sray them with cement hold hair spray so they don't move. When all is said and done, your bangs usually look like a hair donut is plastered to the top of your forehead.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Wait!!!

What are ya gonna say next?

That parachute pants went "out" too?sad030.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

What are ya gonna say next?

That parachute pants went "out" too?sad030.gif

Oh no soupy................it's ok! There there!! You go ahead and wear those parachute pants. They are timeless!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

(Phew, that was a close one!!)
  • rethun01
    Options
    Wait!!!

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/LB/jerseymallhair.jpg

Wow. That picture is amazing.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Wait!!!

That is when you curl your bangs and tease them up all big and then sray them with cement hold hair spray so they don't move. When all is said and done, your bangs usually look like a hair donut is plastered to the top of your forehead.

Aqua Net bay bee.:wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wait!!!

jerseymallhair.jpg

Sorry, wanted to see the pic.