Change my goal??

LizC26
LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
I've lost 12lbs in the last 5 weeks, which puts me at halfway to my goal of 120. I'm 5'4" and I took before/durings

Here's my dilemma: Looking at my "durings", I think I'm gonna need to lose more than 12 more lbs..I still have LOTS of flab everywhere!!

I need some honest opinions

(before's are on top)

page1.jpg

Replies

• I DONT SEE ANY PICTURES OTHER THAN YOUR PROFILE PIC. YOU LOOK GREAT IN THE PHOTO BUT I COULDNT GIVE MY HONEST OPINION UNLESS I SAW A FULL BODY SHOT OF BEFORE AND AFTER
  • LizC26
    You don't see the pic in the post???
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    You made great progress. I would not beat yourself up. Keep at it. You will do great.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Based on your abs and arms you are toning too, when you lose the full 25 as well as your toning you may look totally different! Also when you are shorter and already close to a healthy weight 5-10 lbs can be a HUGE difference in appearance and fat levels. Also I am highly against taking pictures in clothes/bikinis/underwear that are too small for you because they make you appear larger
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    I see the pics. I think you look great. Honestly I think you can just tone up and be fine. But if you feel like you need to lose more, than don't set a number, just go until it feels right..
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    I see the pics! You look great! I can definitely see a clear difference. Now that you are smaller, the next 12 pounds will be much more noticeable than the first.

Keep up the good work, girl!

I don't think I am brave enough to post pics of myself. I need to do some serious crunches to get rid of my "mom pooch"... no matter how skinny I get, I still have that little pooch that never goes away. The price we pay to have beautiful babies!!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    I see it. I would say 15lbs-17lbs to lose would be best. I am noticing you are losing but it also looks like you are losing muscle in your shoulders and arms.

What are your workouts and also your protein and carb intake?
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Sweetie, you look really good! I understand what your saying about feeling "flabby". That's more a matter of toning than loosing weight. Do you strength train? If not, give it a go while you loose these last twelve pounds. Once you reach your goal weight reevaluate yourself.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    I'm 5'4" too. I have done the calculations for a healthy BMI for our size. Since healthy BMI is 18-25, our healthy weights are 105 lbs to 145 lbs. That doesn't take in to account bone structure, muscle mass, etc. I can se a BIG difference in your body in the before and after pics! Keep up the good work! I think a healthy weight is one where you feel good, feel like you look good, and are mainaining with healthy habits.

GOOD LUCK!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    12 pounds will make a big difference on your 5'4" frame! Wait to see what you think when you get there. I'm 5'4" and most people tell me I look my best around 130, but I've got a pretty good bit of muscle on my frame, too.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    I'd work on toning if you think you have some loose areas that are bothering

. I do think you look great as you are right now though. I don't see any problem areas from your pics.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    I think you should move away from a "weight" related goal and move towards a more body recomp / fitness goal.

In other words, put the scale away and work towards preserving the lean mass you have using resistance training whilst stripping body fat using good diet alone with a reasonable calorie deficit or adding in moderate amounts of cardio to maintain a negative calorie balance.

You are well on the way to a defined physique but now is the time to refine your goals.

This is the best thread I have come across on this site where these issues are discussed:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

If you want some solid advice then ask Steve (stroutman81) He won't steer you wrong.

Talking of great physiques I hear the gym calling me....
  • LizC26
    I see it. I would say 15lbs-17lbs to lose would be best. I am noticing you are losing but it also looks like you are losing muscle in your shoulders and arms.

What are your workouts and also your protein and carb intake?

I haven't really been working out that much. I guess I need to start that 30 Day Shred that I've had for 3 weeks now.

I try to keep Carbs under 50g and Protien over 100g per day...
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    I totally agree with some of the previous posts about maybe moving from the weight goals to the toning goals. Honestly, I think you look amazing! I can already see a huge change in your stomach! =) You also need to make sure you have realistic goals of what you want to look like. I like doing strength training in target zones. Like Monday I do my arms and upper body, Wednesday I do my abs and back areas then Friday I do the legs. In between I do cardio type stuff.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    no reason you can't get to this goal, and then set a new goal if you think you should.
  • I DONT SEE ANY PICTURES OTHER THAN YOUR PROFILE PIC. YOU LOOK GREAT IN THE PHOTO BUT I COULDNT GIVE MY HONEST OPINION UNLESS I SAW A FULL BODY SHOT OF BEFORE AND AFTER
    THIS IS ALL I SEE BESIDES YOUR PROFILE PIC AND THE TICKER

I've lost 12lbs in the last 5 weeks, which puts me at halfway to my goal of 120. I'm 5'4" and I took before/durings

Here's my dilemma: Looking at my "durings", I think I'm gonna need to lose more than 12 more lbs..I still have LOTS of flab everywhere!!

I need some honest opinions

(before's are on top)

SO I DONT KNOW HOW EVERYONE ELSE SEE'S THEM AND i CAN'T..THATS VERY WEIRD..BUT ACCORDING TO EVERYONE ELSES COMMENTS YOU SEEM LIKE YOUR DOING VERY GREAT