Weighing yourself

Options
How often do you guys weigh yourself? I do it everyday and a lot of people don't agree with that but I feel if I only do it once a week I let myself slide and I'm not happy with the results. Thoughts??

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Friday morning after the bathroom, before breakfast and naked! :embarassed:
  • mojo0507
    mojo0507 Posts: 2
    Options
    Exact same here! I weigh every day to keep myself focused. I've learned not to let a couple-pound difference from day to day bring me down...just as long as I don't gain a couple pounds every day!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I do it once everyday, same time each day.
  • ljbarna
    ljbarna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I know you aren't supposed to, but it helps keep me on track--if the scale starts to creep up, I know I need to work a bit harder that day.
  • morningsunrise
    morningsunrise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad and weigh myself once a day too but I only take any notice of my 'official' weigh in which I do once a week at the same time each week.

I say do whatever works for you.
  • msech
    msech Posts: 32
    Options
    I weight myself everyday at the same time everyday and wearing the same clothes (which in my case is nothing b/c i think you get a better weight reading). Sad part is though sometimes it upsets me b/c my weight will go up a lb
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Every day. I like knowing where I'm at each and every day. It also lets me see if I have big increase (so I can check my food) or a big decrease (so I can look and see what I ate to move it down). I just like knowing what is going on with it. It makes me feel more in control. I am in maintenance now and I just like being able to see that I am within my range.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I usually get on the scale in the mornings, before I get dressed. I have an official weigh in once a week, usually either Wednesday or Thursday.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning - after using the bathroom, before eating and getting dressed for the day...
  • Kbugg1
    Kbugg1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning after the bathroom, before breakfast and naked!
  • ebielou
    ebielou Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday too. I do it to hold myself accountable for what I have ate the day before though. It helps keep me grounded.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in them morning, after I pee, naked

but you have to have a good mentality with daily weighing knowing youll fluctuate a bit. There was a recent article on yahoo though that even people at healthy weights that weighed daily were more likely to maintain a healthy weight and those trying to lose that weighed daily lost more efficiently and were less likely to plateau for long periods of time
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I like to see the numbers and I do not think there is anything wrong with it as long as you don't expect to see pounds gone everyday!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday at the same time everyday and wearing the same clothes (which in my case is nothing b/c i think you get a better weight reading). Sad part is though sometimes it upsets me b/c my weight will go up a lb

A one pound gain isn't usually a true gain - it is usually water weight. I have a 5lb weight range that I allow myself before I start to freak out a little. If I am between 145-150 I am happy. Today I was 146 - but, I ate a bunch of sodium yesterday so I was expecting a bit of a raise.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great!!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!! SO many of my friends and family think I shouldn't weigh everyday but I feel it helps me keep myself in check!!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself once a week and it drove me nuts! :laugh:

I couldn't stand it. So now I weigh myself in the morning almost everyday. I don't let the numbers excite me or fool me. I like to watch the progression or sometimes bad habits dictate the scale. Checking it out every day really keeps me focused.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    My original intention was to only step on it once a week but I do find myself checking it every couple days. I've found that if I check every day though that's a let down for me (there's not going to be enough of a change in one day). I only weigh in on MFP once a week.
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    I weigh once a fortnight as i see better numbers xx
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i see that I'm in the minority here.... I only weigh myself on the first of the month. I don't even own a scale.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    6:30 AM every Wednesday right after my 5:30 AM pump class (I don't eat before class). I only weigh once a week on the same day, at the same time, blah, blah, blah because it removes all of the other variables surrounding normal daily weight fluxuation.