Water Intake and Skin!

Options
:blushing:

I signed up with this community on Saturday and have been since diligent about the 8 glasses of water, happily checking them off on the cute little water glass graphic. I thought I was drinking enough water before, but in the past few days, I've been noticing that my skin looks freakin' fantastic, if I do say so myself! Even my pesky KP has been looking better. It could be that I switched my facewash recently, but experience has taught me that's probably not it.

Anyone else notice a difference in complexion on water vs off water?

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    OMG my face is soooooo much clearer.
    I am LOVING IT! :))) I drink ONLY water.
    My lil sis is complaining about her acne and I told her the fix is MORE WATER :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    YES! When I started being more aware of how much water I was really drinking - my skin cleared up and looks great now! I was struggling pretty bad with breakouts (which I'd never had before -- even as a teen!). Come to find out -- I needed more water!
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I use to have horrible painful jawline cystic acne. After I stopped eating sugary junk food and drinking more water, my face has cleared immensely! I think water has alot to do with it.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I went for a facial a while back and the tech said you must drink alot of water! I said yes I do, it's the only thing I really drink actually. And then I said "Why, you can tell that"? She said absolutely!!! So I would put it on the more water you've been drinking :)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    yea i used to have bumps all over my arms... they are mostly gone :) I only drink water now, but occassionally I have a pop -- only when theres no other choice... (parties)
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin! I figure it is probably a combination of more water and eating less greasy food. Isn't it great? One more perk to having a healthier lifestyle. :)
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have KP too, I haven't noticed a difference yet, but you give me hope! :happy:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My skin has been clearing up with the more water I drink as well! I've also noticed that my nails are harder and healthier since I started eating healthier. I can never get them to grow past the tips of my finger, and if they happen to, they end up breaking quickly. I've had nails past my finger tips for 2 whole weeks now! I'm so excited!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have not been drinking as much water as I should but its been because I notice I retain alot of it.. I will start to drink more and hope it helps my skin too! Thx for bringing this up!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yep. I rarely get pimples anymore. My skin isn't as dry as well.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have KP too! I wish it would go on my legs! I drink at least 2L of fluids a day, but it hasn't goneee. My skin is pretty great when I don't wear fake tan... which is never lol
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    By the way, I heard from a doctor on TV that if you get a cream high in Urea, then it helps KP. I'm yet to try it though. :)
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Options
    yea i used to have bumps all over my arms... they are mostly gone :) I only drink water now, but occassionally I have a pop -- only when theres no other choice... (parties)

Oh, good!! Hopefully I'm NOT hallucinating that my KP looks better because of the water and will continue to fade away as I continue to saturate myself with water every day. xD
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Options
    By the way, I heard from a doctor on TV that if you get a cream high in Urea, then it helps KP. I'm yet to try it though. :)

Haven't heard that, but I have heard that lotions with lactic acid are good. I'll have to look into that! Currently, I use DERMAdoctor KP Duty scrub every now and again and moisturize twice daily with Amlactin. The water seems to kick up the effectiveness of both, though. I'm hoping that helps not only the bumps, but the redness, which I can't really see right now because of my tan.