EXCITED!

Options
Hi,
My name is Rita and this is my third day with MFP, I was so excited to learn of this site and App, it's been very useful to me and it sure beats hand writing it all down. I started a new healthy eating plan on the 6th of June after seeing an endocrinologist about my Hypothyroidism, she found that I wasn't on the right dose of meds and changed it, but she was even more concerned with the fact that I am pre diabetic, so hearing that, I decided to stop being such a sugaraholic and changed my diet. I am now eating the right carbs and more protein and fiber and I eliminated all the bad stuff. I am very excited and motivated because #1 I don't want to develope Diabetes, #2 I want to feel better, when i started this, I would get out of breath so easily and had no energy, desire or drive to do anything, so i am quite ready for that all to change. In 2004 I quit smoking after 25 years and gained 56 LBS, and I was already overweight. As of this past Sunday, I have lost 14 LBS, I am more motivated than ever and this time for the right reasons, to feel better, I'm sorry this is so long, I just wanted you all to know a little about me and my personal struggles, I am looking forward to receiving advice, tips and any help at all and also helping any of you in any way I can. Thanks for reading :-)

Replies

• thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Welcome and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • amysuemartin718
    amysuemartin718 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I love this site and the phone app too!! Feel free to add me!!!
  • camhi
    camhi Posts: 1
    Options
    you girls r GREAT!
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    we are all here for ya! feel free to add
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I LOVE this site too!!!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Darling you are telling my story! Well, except the ciggs. That's still a work in progress. I don't have thyroid disease but I'm "trending that way" and have to be checked every 6 months. I'm prediabetic and Type II runs in both sides of my family. I don't want to be diabetic so I need to get healthy. Because obesity runs in my family I want to teach my children how to eat right as well.

Welcome, so glad you're here and doing great! Add me as a friend if you'd like. I've only been here 2 weeks.
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this sight too. It is amazing to read the enthusiasm in your post!! Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • anisajoi
    anisajoi Posts: 3
    Options
    This was great to read, I could feel your excitement as I was reading. I am a registered nurse and see all the time the complications diabetes can bring to someones life so I commend you for taking control now, you are the kind of patient that makes me proud of the work I do. I also have hypothyroidism as well and know the frustration of getting the medication just right and that is why I as well focus on my health and fitness because it helps me feel good when my thyroid doesn't. Good luck.
  • pelester3117
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and Good Luck on this journey of a thousand miles.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is something to be excited about! My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 2 years old, and has had it for 11 years, and my mother in law has hypothyroidism. Feel free to add me.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Paula and I am an off and on member here at MFP. I've had the app and everything for a while but I go through phases where I completely stop and then pick it up again. I'm hoping this time it sticks and I actually make a change. I am only 21 but heart disease and diabetes run in my family. So I hope that this time I'll have the support and determination to succeed and not give up!