Target calories per day

Options
Hi!!, I 'm new here. I just joined last week. I have about 160 lbs. to lose. I have a question about the target calories MFP gives me. When I calculate my BMR assuming no physical activity, I get 2152. I workout everyday at lunch for 30 minutes and then I got to the gym for more cardio and weight training 3 days a week (session is usually 45 min. to an hour. My target calories is showing 2600 some calories. That is after I log my exercise for the day. Before exercise, my target calorie goal is 2150. How will that help me lose weight. Aren't I supposed to eat 500 calories less than what I burn? For example, if I do no exercising, my goal is 2150. But that is what my sedentary BMR is, so that would just maintain my weight, correct? I'm a little confused. I feel like I'm eating too much food, but MFP shows I'm under my target.... Here is my info:

Weight--310
Height--5'4"
Age--29
Female

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    MFP already sets up a deficit for the days that you don't work out. So if you eat 2150, You are great!!!! You will lose weight!:) And as you lose weight, that 2150 will go down.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    try and get some proffessional advice, the people on here are just stating opinions, sometimes gets very confusing, maybe ask your doctor

im sure they would love to help seeing as your doing this

good luck

Stu
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You could also ask one of the trainers at the gym you go to.
    It can be very confusing on here. Everyone has different opinions as to weight loss
    and eating back calories. I was going crazy reading all the post.
    What works for one person may not work for someone else.
    Good Luck with your weight loss journey.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

Read that article. It explains it somewhat. But just remember, if you do ask a doctor, They will tell you THEIR opinion also!
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    It's my understanding that MFP includes the 500 calorie deficit in the calorie allowance. So if your calorie intake requirement is 2150, then 2650 is the amount of calories you would need to eat to just maintain.