Your Shape Fitness Evolved-Kinect Game

Options
If you've got an Xbox Kinect, I highly recommend picking up a copy of Your Shape Fitness Evolved. I just busted my hump working out with my virtual personal trainer. There are other modes to 'play' as well that I'd like to try out, but right now, I've got too much sweat dripping down my face and wobbly legs to entertain the idea. LOL!

What I found nifty about this game is that during the setup process, it scans your body and calculates your measurements. The background graphics are a little lacking, but it's a workout regimen, not Gran Tourismo, LOL!

Check out the 102 user reviews for this game, don't just take my word for it!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Your+Shape+Fitness+Evolved&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&cid=3588216318278668807&os=reviews

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, wanted to add...I've got the EA Sports Active and WiiFit. This one blows them both out of the water :D
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    Personally this game IMO is crap.

Much better fitness ones out there :)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Yep, i do the Kinect Your Shape since Dezember last year 5 times a week and toned up my body a lot. Now I can't live without it.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options

Care to share your reasons behind your opinion? I've only had it out of the case for an hour so I've not had a chance to evaluate the entire game. So far, what I've seen, I've loved, especially compared to EA Sports Active and Wii Fit.

And what other games out there are better? LOL You insult the game and say there's better, but you don't give reasons or examples so it's hard to take a lot from your post :huh:
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about better fitness games too. Most reviews I've read give this high marks. I don't own it yet, just got the Kinect tonight, but I'm wanting to pick something up. I heard the biggest loser game was awful. I do plan on picking up Kinect Sports too.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    my friend loves dance central and says its a good workout - mostly cardio obviously but for those of us who rarely even lift our arms above waist level in day to day life I imagine it gives all your muscles a bit of a workout.

I haven't bought a kinect yet - i'm thinking about it.
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    It is simple, there are no better fitness games than X Box Kinect right now. I also have Biggest Loser but Your Shape FE is the best. To change up my programs on Your Shape I download every now and then new workouts. It is never boring and like I sad I do this for half a year now.
  • CeleryStalker
    Options
    I'm curious about better fitness games too. Most reviews I've read give this high marks. I don't own it yet, just got the Kinect tonight, but I'm wanting to pick something up. I heard the biggest loser game was awful. I do plan on picking up Kinect Sports too.

First off, LMFAO at your avatar! Classic!!!!

Second, the Biggest Loser game does kinda stink. You can only do one player at a time. The Your Shape game can accept up to four people at once :) Looking forward to challenging my kids with it today. It was so cute to see my 6 year old daughter doing butt-kicks, squats, and dodges behind me yesterday, LOL
  • ozzybitesbats
    ozzybitesbats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the Kinect and this game on 6-18-11 *sat* and i'm loving it! Couldn't move around too well on Sunday or Monday afterwards, but Tuesday I felt better, and got back into the groove of this personal trainer. It's just what I needed, and the game keeps track of your calorie burning for the day, and since you've started playing.
    It keeps the motivation at the level I need, and I'm thankful for this game!
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love this game. I got the extra DLC for new year and it's great. It really gets me sweating.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love this game. I use it every day. I downloaded some of the extra workouts too. My favorite is the Cardio Boxing.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have this and think its great.
    the only bad thing is their calories burned is way too low. i use a hrm and i burn anywhere from 100+ calories than the game says.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    yeah i wondered if the calorie count was correct or not. i felt like i was doing a lot more work than i do on machines at the gym where it says im burning way more calories. was sweating, HEAVILY out of breath and heart POUNDING while doing this for about 15-20 min, and its saying i only burned about 100ish calories...
    Anyways I just got this and I've only used it once, the personal trainer is pretty cool. I feel a little un-coordinated for some of these moves but im getting the hang of it. Its a good workout, like I said I was VERY worn out and am sore from it today! I am not using this as my primary workout, more like a supplement to my workouts in the evening & on the weekends instead of going to the gym....I wanna get some other workout games for the kinect though...
    Anyone use the website to track? Its pretty neat!
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    There is a Gunnar Petersen Download for your Shape Kinect on X-Box Live. Did anybody try this yet? I think it is for free, if you signed up for X-Box Live. The new year, new me-workout is really good.
  • evelynnalfred
    Options
    I've only had it for a week, but it feels like it's a workout to me, despite the calories it says I'm losing. My body gets sore after "playing" for 30 minutes.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

I agree. I found that the tracking on it wasn't on cue. It would yell at me for doing something wrong, even though I wasn't. I also found the workout's rather boring and dull. I love the kinect for games like Kinect Sports, Dance Central etc. Not it's fitness games.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I agree. I found that the tracking on it wasn't on cue. It would yell at me for doing something wrong, even though I wasn't. I also found the workout's rather boring and dull. I love the kinect for games like Kinect Sports, Dance Central etc. Not it's fitness games.

I agree that it can beboring and the cueing on the tracking seems SLIGHTLY different to me sometimes - but I actually think its possibly over sensitive. I had my bf watch me once and if you are turned even slightly off center (or too centered) it doesn't like it, which would be nice if you were able to figure it out from the avatar on screen, but you can't.

BUT despite it being a bit boring, I still like it and use it on occasion. I wouldn't make it my main workout but I find that when I can't push myself to get my heart rate up the game does a good job of doing that for me.

Also i like the way the 'classes' are arranged into 3 small chunks that you can do separately or as a block and they are a LOT less boring than the personal training.

Dance central is still my favorite but they need to add a queing system so that I don't have to spend chunk of time in between songs going through 3 or 4 screens to the next one and last time I played it I used the freestyles to do burpees for an extra workout.

the motions in Dance Central ARE quite different and like I said, heart rate is not quite as consistently high as with your shape.

So I wouldn't say its "Crap" but if you're only going to buy ONE game, I wouldn't say this should be it.

Then again there are people that are happy to do the same jillian michaels workout every day for 20 days and that sounds WAY more boring than this.