1/4 cup chopped onions
DRESSING:
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Additional Parmesan cheese

Directions
In a large bowl, toss macaroni with ham, green pepper, tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Parmesan cheese, milk and salt. Pour over pasta mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
Sprinkle with additional Parmesan before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 366 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.

Replies

• Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I cooked up a ham the other night and had no clue what to do with all of the leftovers...and now I do :happy:
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    This looks like a pretty versatile recipe... lots of ways to make it more healthy and also to make it different.
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lisa, it's really great for potlucks too as you can make it ahead of time.
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    thanks, I am going to try this for a baby shower I am throwing this weekend!!
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're right, Chris. You could substitute turkey, chicken, etc..... This is just so good with ham that I've never changed it :smile:
  • Lisa076
    Options
    Lisa, it's really great for potlucks too as you can make it ahead of time.

I am always searching for Pasta Salad recipes especially at this time of year. I will be making this tonight for tomorrow, can't wait to try it.
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    This looks like a pretty versatile recipe... lots of ways to make it more healthy and also to make it different.

I agree. Fat Free or light Mayo, skim milk, etc.
  • Lisa076
    Options
    I just made this using whole wheat pasta, light mayo and partly skimmed milk added some red peppers as well as the green and it is very good!