Roomates!

Options
Garae
Garae Posts: 116 Member
My roomies are blessed with fast metabolisms and have junk food in the house that i am also welcome to.

There is an industrial sized tub of party mix haunting me this very moment , sitting on my dining room table.

I already ate two and a half servings, and i am majorly bumming because of it :(

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Throw it out and say the dog ate it!

No dog?

Accidentally spill a drink in it and then throw it out!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I told my wife that if she wanted horrible snacks, she had to hide it from me. She did and we are both happy.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Move the snacks somewhere else, or go for a walk/run or something to take your mind off it.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Urgh! That's really hard.. have you tried to ask them to put their junk away to help you? They might be understanding about it if you specifically say that it bothers you and that it's hard for you to be "good".
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a little scale, and weigh you servings out; put them in a little sandwich bag. If you deny yourself - you'll want to 'cheat'. Include this in your diary .... and remember to stay below your daily goals.

You will be amazed at how quickly those snacks lose their appeal. When you realize you 'could have had something you REALLY like; but can't because you ate those snacks - your mind will give you will-power you never imagined you had.

Snickers and Peanut M&M's no longer hold any desire for me. I'd rather have a BIG old bag of Orville Redenbacher's Carmel microwave popcorn for 400 calories, than 2 candy bars, or a couple servings of M&M's. Besides, the more candy bars I eat; the hungrier I get.
  • timetofeelgood
    Options
    I completely have the same problem. I live in a townhouse with my three friends, and they seriously eat all day long. I just keep my food in my mini fridge that I have in my room. That way I don't open up the main fridge so often to look at all the food I shouldn't be eating. I'm considering asking for my own cupboard in the kitchen too for the same reason. Although I have not been on MFP very long, this is not my first time dieting :p
  • Garae
    Options
    I completely have the same problem. I live in a townhouse with my three friends, and they seriously eat all day long. I just keep my food in my mini fridge that I have in my room. That way I don't open up the main fridge so often to look at all the food I shouldn't be eating. I'm considering asking for my own cupboard in the kitchen too for the same reason. Although I have not been on MFP very long, this is not my first time dieting :p

I should probably start saving up for my own mini fridge haha. I feel like because this is the first month i've been super serious about getting in shape I still have a very fragile will power!! I can't express how much I love Doritos man, like it's insane haha.
    I guess segregation is the best thing I can do right now!
  • Garae
    Options
    Get yourself a little scale, and weigh you servings out; put them in a little sandwich bag. If you deny yourself - you'll want to 'cheat'. Include this in your diary .... and remember to stay below your daily goals.

You will be amazed at how quickly those snacks lose their appeal. When you realize you 'could have had something you REALLY like; but can't because you ate those snacks - your mind will give you will-power you never imagined you had.

Snickers and Peanut M&M's no longer hold any desire for me. I'd rather have a BIG old bag of Orville Redenbacher's Carmel microwave popcorn for 400 calories, than 2 candy bars, or a couple servings of M&M's. Besides, the more candy bars I eat; the hungrier I get.

that is an excellent idea, I'm going to go do that now :)