When you Can do it for you, and When you Can't

Options
JDRBT
JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
Let's see if we can keep this post going!

Here's how it works. Make 2 lists (titled below) and end your post with 1 sentence that sums up WHY you do it in general. (you don't need to be original here - just hard core honest)

When I Work Out for "me":
I take time to work out solo and focus on what's going on with me.
I understand that my mind CONSTANTLY underestimates my body.
I realize that I AM CAPABLE of ANYTHING. (Afterall, flying is just falling and missing the ground. ;) )
I list off all the things in this world/life that I'm grateful for.
I boost my mood and reward myself with some time reading, pausing to hand-write a letter or a postcard to a good friend and make someone else's day.
I can focus with enhanced clarity and courage at any other tasks ahead of me that day.
I feel productive, confident, proud, strong, and beautiful.

When I Can't Work Out for me:
I do it because my family deserves the best, healthiest, happiest version of me. I owe it to them to do all that I can to stay active, healthy and happy.
I realize that THIS is my chance to be a good example to my friends and family.
I remind myself that I've completed TWO TRIATHLONS! I didn't give up and I didn't come in last.
I think of people with more to lose that are working twice as hard to do it - if they can, so can I.
I think of the part of me that isn't hurting, even if it's just the tip of my nose, and I rejoice in the fact that the tip of my nose is awesome.
I do it because My Sailor deserves someone able not only able to keep up with him, but to continue to challenge him to stay active.

But most of all, I better myself because I AM WORTH IT.

Replies

• shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I work out for me:
    I help to ensure I will be a healthy individual able to continue working in my incredibly challenging and incredibly fulfilling job .
    I am wonderfully selfish - and that looks good on me!
    I get high on the oxygen coursing through my body.
    I rejoice in the feeling of tired, sore, hard-worked muscles.
    My brain just works better!
    I have less aches and pains from sitting around doing nothing!

When I can't work ouf for me:
    I do it for my beautiful man, who deserves a vibrant, beautiful, and energetic partner!
    I do it for my colleagues at work, who benefit from my clearheadedness, my vigour, and my vitality!
    I do it for my creator, who gifted me with a good body and a fine mind!
    I do it as an example for my clients, who also struggle with weight, eating, the scale, and everything else!

Most of all, I do it because even though I may start to take up less space, my personality and character will continue to light up a room, be uppity, and be courageous, no matter what my size. I am no longer afraid of the constant threat of sexual harassment, and therefore no longer need to hide behind the fat. I do this to be victorious!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Great list! Sometimes selfish looks good on all of us - when it comes to taking care of ourselves! We can't give to others what we DON'T have!