I need help

Options
rickpearce
rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
Being a big guy (over 300lbs) I already get 2000 calories even after setting my goal for 2 lbs/week. Adding exercise on top of that can earn me a lot of calories on workout days. I've read a lot about eating back your exercise calories and I haven't really been doing that so I want to try it. Is there anyone who is in my situation who could help me by letting me know what they actually eat to make up these calories? Unless I eat something bad for me 2000 does me for the day. I have a hard time imagining how I can eat good food and make up 2400-2600 cals a day.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're eating but if you're going with light/low-fat/low-cal options, try using the regular versions. Avocados, nuts (or nut butters) and fruits can be good calorie fillers and are still healthy options. Hm, that's all I can think of...
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It is hard eating back all your exercise calories. I try to eat at least 1/2 back though. If I know I am going to the gym I might take a protien bar with me. I also read chocolate milk is good to drink after a workout. Hope this helps.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Why are you seeking the change? Is it because your weight loss has stalled and you've reached a sustained plateau (no weight loss in 3 weeks)? People who have a lot of excess fat to lose are not at risk of going into "starvation mode" any time soon. The body can draw on the extra fat stores for energy. Is your BMI in the "obese" category? (use the Tools tab to find out) If so, I wouldn't worry about eating back all of your earned exercise calories.
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Basically I want to eat back some of the exercise calories to see if it helps me actually lose weight. I read a few threads lately about that and I feel like I am probably running too low on my NET calories on some days. I could make up calories by eating fast food burgers or something like that, but I am wondering how some others on here with higher calorie quotas are making their numbers while still eating healthy.