What Can I eat a lot of, and it still be healthy.. ?

Options
I have had about 200 calories today, so I'm freakin HUNGRY!!!! what can I eat a lot of... to make myself full but it still be healthy... and DON"T SAY SALAD... GO!!!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and more.
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, that will help you feel full.
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    i don't like salad, but i lean vegetarian. You can eat more veggies and feel satisfied. a long time ago, I learned the goal, of being vegetarian is not to eat till you are full, but eat till you are satisfied.
  • Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Seconded on the drinking of water.

Just out of curiosity, how many calories per day are you allowing yourself? Most dieticians say less than 1500 calories a day will put your body into starvation mode.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    plain popcorn
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    veggies, fruit, chicken grilled or baked, fish
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    green tea, and carrot sticks...that's my go-to...or go for a walk to get some more calories back
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to stay fuller longer the best options are Protein, fiber and water.

Protein can be lean meats/fish, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts

Fiber is veggies (Not potatos, corn or peas)

Water is anything that is Non Carbonated, Decaf and No Sugar.

Best of Luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You could make a big stir fry of whatever veggies you have (lots of them!) and toss in some shrimp! (low cal, low fat, high protein)
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Crow!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you're in Oklahoma, which means it should be early afternoon for you - why have you only had 200 calories? How about you eat a real meal - with healthy protein, carbs and fat - and that will certainly help make the hunger go away! If your base calories are 1200 (which I'm only guessing since that's what many people on this site default to, unfortunately), you should've had at least 500-600 calories so far today, with another meal and possibly another snack or two left.
  • lnjklnjk
    lnjklnjk Posts: 5
    Options
    Yogurt with granola and fruit.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm allowed 1200.. and I usually don't meet that.. but it's because I do drink a lot of water.. being "thirsty hungry" isn't the issue.. I need to feed the urge of feeling full.... I haven't felt full in a long time.. and that's good, but today I just need it lol...

and drinking lotrs of water just makes me feel bloated , not satisfied hunger wise.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    FRIES! CHILI FRIES! CHILI CHEESE FRIES!!
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you're in Oklahoma, which means it should be early afternoon for you - why have you only had 200 calories? How about you eat a real meal - with healthy protein, carbs and fat - and that will certainly help make the hunger go away! If your base calories are 1200 (which I'm only guessing since that's what many people on this site default to, unfortunately), you should've had at least 500-600 calories so far today, with another meal and possibly another snack or two left.

Not tryin to be mean, but some people are busy. im always reallllyyy busy during the day, i cant always eat when i should. just sayinn.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh, I misread that... I thought you only had 200 calories LEFT for the day!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    high calorie "good fats" like nuts and peanut butter. On an apple, on whole grain toast, or just nuts straight....
    cook your meat for dinner in olive oil.
    I can easily make a piece of chicken have 400 cals and still be healthy. and I can make a peanut butter and nutella sandwich on seeded bread that's like 600 calories and awesome...

there are a vast number of ways to get your calories in.
    The most important thing right now is that you go EAT. You can not survive on 200 calories a day.

You should be looking for high cal, yet healthy, since you are so under today.
    Don't worry about veggies and such as those will make you TOO FULL without getting the calories you NEED into you.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Chew gum maybe?
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    For lunch I just had 5 oz's chicken breast with traders joes bharta curry and two cups of steamed veggies, I am completely full at the moment!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How about a couple of 40 calorie fudge popsicles? Or one of the skinny cow ice cream treats?

If not that, then I agree with the post that suggested popcorn.