Hello new here (from UK)

Options
catsbd
catsbd Posts: 3 Member
Hello
Am new to this site. HAve been trying (ok not successfully) to lose 30+ lbs for a few years now. Gained my weight with pregnancies (youngest is now 13). Lost 47 lbs in 2003 with a Slimming group and kept it off for almost 2 years - most (not all) snuck back on). Have started getting backache cos all my weight goes onto my stomach, am not feeling comfortable in my clothes, don't feel happy about the way I look. Have not got the £ to re-join another Slimming Group so am determined to get healthier (and the rest of the family) with new determination and some motivation and help from online.
I tend to comfort eat and eat when bored, stressed, fed up and when the goodies are there in the fridge/cupboard. I need to exercise more (some). I work parttime (4 days) but somehow never get round to doing daily regular exercise even in small amounts, I usually have some excuse or other. I want to change this. My kids and hubby need to lose some weight too and as a family we all want to get healthier and thus slimmer. Sorry for long intro! And once again Hi to everyone. :smile:

Replies

• melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will find the support you need here! Just stay connected, ask questions, give advice, vent...etc etc....lol
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

There's quite a few of us UK'rs here. Feel free to add me as a friend - I had about 40lb to lose and I'm more than half way there in six months :)
  • 1440Fierce
    1440Fierce Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome!

No apology necessary! We are here to encourage and support eachother (as you will find out soon enough! :happy: )

I'm so happy for you and your family - that you can all find the encouragement from eachother as well. Getting started is always the hardest part but that doesn't last long as you do begin to find some sort of routine and/or activities you and your family will enjoy (independant and/or together)

If you ever need encouragement or advice, etc, just post and people will flock toward you to help, :happy:

Best of luck! :flowerforyou: