Chronic Illness and weight loss?

Options
Hi all - I am wondering if there are any other folks on here who have a chronic illness but still fighting the battle of the bulge?

I am 10lbs heavier than I should be...from a BMI as well as a 'happy weight range' for me.

The greatest symptom and side effect of my medication is fatigue. Some days it is really a struggle for me to get out of bed let alone make it to the gym for a workout. On days I really push my workouts, I sometimes have to take an entire day off for my energy level to recover. It's extremely frustrating as I know my body,and for me to see real results, I have to work out and push myself.

I'd love to meet a few folks who have similar struggles.

Replies

• NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have so many health problems its ridiculous, it makes all of this so much harder. I understand:) I am 100 frickin punds overweight..ughhhh...Its all just so awful. Trying to plug along. Please feel free to add me, we can encourage each other.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Not to get overly nosy but what are you being treated for and with which medication? there are usually alternatives and if you are experiencing extreme fatigue from the medication you should talk to you Dr about the alternative meds
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do not have a chronic disease but I have had two back surgery less than 2 year apart. I have permanent nerve damage in my right leg. So...I know the feelings of having to push a little harder to accomplish something.

I am sorry you are having to go through an illness and lose weight at the same time. But...maybe if you get the extra weight off it will be something you can be proud of yourself for. We all need something.
  • dlb595
    dlb595 Posts: 3
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked, I became hypothyroid after my first child, but was not diagnosed until shortly before my second ( almost a 3yr difference) child, & believe me - I was checked for cancer & diabetes prior to being diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis - my main symptoms were no weight loss & change in menses. Doesn't hurt to have it checked - ask for a T3, T4, & antibodies for thyroid - the antibodies is what diagnosed me, not the T3 or T4 levels. Also, hormone levels could be the cause - estrogen or testosterone. Not always looked at, especially for women, especially pre-menopausal women. Just a thought...