Under calorie allowance

Options
Hi, have recently joined and the past few days ihave been under my calorie allowance. Should i worry about this? Will i get a better weight loss? I have not done it on purpose, just feel really motivated and not that hungry. Should i eat up t my allowance een if im not hungry? thanks.

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It depends on how under you are. I can't see your diary, but it's one of two scenarios:

(1) You're 1-50 cals under. Not really a bit deal. Same as being a few over. It's just an approximation

(2) You're way under to the point that MFP is telling you to eat more. In that case try to eat a bit more. It's important to maintain that balance.

It also depends on what your daily cals is set at. Mine is 1510. If I'm 200 under I'm still a net of over 1300, which isn't a big deal. But you want to make sure you have approximately 1200 net cals per day no matter what for proper health and nutrition.
  • lgwhizz
    lgwhizz Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for that posey. My cal allowance is 1200 and have been averaging about 1000 a day. I still have 550 cals to eat still today!!!! If i try to make up to the fll allowance i take it having a chocolate bar aint the best way to get up to cal allowance?! Lol!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    How do you guys manage to be so low on your calories? I've read this quite a lot.
    My allowance is 1200 and i usually eat around 1500, which is ok when i include my exercise calories, which i read on here is what should be done. I can't exercise that much yet, as I'm recovering from an injury, so i usually only burn around 300 per day.
    But I feel like i've cut my cals a lot by not eating all the sweets I used to eat during the day, compared to what i was eating before I started on MFP.

Maybe you have some advice on what I could change to have less calories?
    I eat oats and apple for breakfast, around 320, then something salad-ey most lunches, or soup, usually around 250-400 and then i probably have 150 in snacks and i try to save 500-600 for a nice dinner.

Thanks
    Jo