Grazing or Meals

Options
Do you graze all day on healthy things or are you a 3 meals a day kind of person? What seems to work best? I can't seem to stick to one way its always different for me

Valerie

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My body likes the grazing. But I feel like I am eating all day long. I hear its better to eat many mini meals instead of three big ones.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i have 3 meals a day, and 3 snacks as well. i cant make it 4-5hrs in between meals with out feeling so hungry that i then overeat at the meal time.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer I guess. I eat several small 200-300 calorie "meals"/day.

It works well for me as I have trouble sitting down and eating larger amounts of food in a single sitting. My stomach hurts, I feel exhausted, and working out is out of the question. I find a steady source of food keeps my body out of starvation mode (eating when I'm hungry until I'm 'not hungry', not until I'm "full") and keeps my energy fairly level - and gives me LOTS of flexibility!
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours. It really helps my metabolism and energy levels, and then I don't have to worry about overeating at any one meal.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I was reading about that last night. What I learned was it's ok to do both. What ever works best so you don't go over your calorie target for the day.

That being said, I find that eating 3 meals and 2 healthy snacks works very well. Meaning your eating about every 3 hours. Your body will feel fuller and you are less likely to cheat on the diet. Since this is a lifestyle change it is important to work into a routine that you will want to keep for the rest of your life. I can live with 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. :smile:
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours.....got too!