Just binged

Options
Ah I just a really awful binge. I feel sick about it. I know I will come back from it...I always do get back on track.
I am just frusterated because it takes WEEKS to lose 2lbs...and it takes two days to gain it all the way back. I am just so bummed.

But how do you get over the immediate emotion of binge eating?

Replies

• doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym for an intense cardio burn! Let your stomach settle first so you don't get cramps, of course. :)
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't take you weeks to lose 2 pounds... unless you are on the 1 pound a week way ;) ... I have lost 2 pounds a week before... ^ 3^
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Make eating the 'bad foods' a reward. Set yourself a 10 pound goal - after you achieve that goal, go out and eat ONE DAY what you want. Keep on track. You will be rewarded for your hard work. Dont let a single bindge cause you to lose hope - we ALL bindge!!! Its what you do after the bindge that makes you into a skinny person or a fat person...

:)
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Try not to beat yourself up over it and get right back on track. And yeah, getting to the gym for a cardio burn is a great idea! You'll feel good afterward and (maybe) forget about the dreaded b-word.
  • vjenelle
    vjenelle Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Just get back on track and keep moving forward.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agee, admit you binged now move on and let it go. Head out for a workout!
  • alansangel104
    Options
    Rose,
    Try not to beat yourself up. It happens to everyone at some point. What I learn from it when I do it is WHY! What caused me to binge? When I was able to figure out the WHY, I tried to stay away from it.

You can do this!! Don't beat yourself up to bad.
  • mexikana
    mexikana Posts: 3
    Options
    I keep moving forward, it's better to have one or two slip ups a month. Then to have an everyday bad habit of eating what ever and not caring for your health. When I overeat something I love i then too feel bad, but then I remember my true goal is to stay healthy and eat what helps my body. So I start over and try to keep on track, we can't always have a perfect day :)
  • mags3333
    mags3333 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh, I hear you. I'm having a terrible time, too. I just look at it as "tomorrow is a new day." Can't change it....just move forward.
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i did it yesterday and felt awful alllll day, but today i've put it to the back of my mind and eaten well and now i feel ok again :). just don't let one bad day get u down....everyone has bad days, you're only human!
  • briana9772
    Options
    No worries! I am totally an emotional eater... I let myself have one day a week that I go over on my calories (by like one or two hundred) so that I don't give in to a massive binge every month. I have had way more success this time because I made this about health for my kids and family more than about loosing weight.

And FYI every person fluctuates 2lbs per DAY so loosing or gaining 2 lbs should not be a concern, it is about sustained health. If you are the same weight (+ or - 2lbs) at the end of the week or month than you know you need to change your habits. Why waste energy over normal weight fluctuation. And while hitting the gym is a great idea, the days I binge are also the days I'm less likely to go to the gym, hit it hard the next day... Remember if you are too obsessive it is a disorder, not healthy living!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Make eating the 'bad foods' a reward. Set yourself a 10 pound goal - after you achieve that goal, go out and eat ONE DAY what you want. Keep on track. You will be rewarded for your hard work. Dont let a single bindge cause you to lose hope - we ALL bindge!!! Its what you do after the bindge that makes you into a skinny person or a fat person...

:)

Totally agree!!!
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    It's only a binge, just a binge. My trainer allows a 10% cheat every week. Now, that's not necessarily a binge, but it means that for four meals a week (I eat 5-6 times a day), I get to add a little something. And you know what? I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months. One binge is TOTALLY recoverable. So don't use it as a cop out, use it as an excuse to go work a little harder tomorrow. Let your tummy ENJOY the *$#@ meal tonight. :)
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Oddly, a day where you go almost twice your daily calories can actually help you lose weight... As long as you are on or under your daily calories for 6 days a week, one day a week at higher can actually be HELPFUL to your metabolism and help confuse your body enough to lose weight. i don't recommend doing it more than once a week, tho... and I usually dont go more than 1000 cals over. So, don't feel bad, brush it off, and get back to it!! Add me (a binger) to your friends if you want to!! I have struggled and am almost at my half way point.
    '
  • Jjames1978
    Jjames1978 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The sad thing about it is the beating yourself up will probably help you to not do it again, so it is a good thing, The thing you must remember is you are human, you are allowed to make mistakes. You just need to try and stop the cheating before it turns into a binge! Don't put so much pressure on yourself so it pushes you over the edge. If I want something, I earn it by working out(first). It is like a bonus round! So get your *kitten* up and go make up for it with some good old fashion sweat, and beat your self up that way, Remember it is a change of life not a diet, so it takes time!
  • shannonashleys
    Options
    As my mom says, "guilt is a wasted emotion, learn from your mistakes and move on". I know it is hard not to beat yourself up after eating too much, but maybe try and see why you did it? Were you really hungry, were your friends/ family eating the bad stuff so you joined in, or were you happy or sad which caused you to binge? If you get to the root of why, maybe you can figure out how to avoid that circumstance next time. No need to feel bad, we all do it, its the ones who learn from it who succeed. Everyone is allowed a "diet breaker", so don't deprive yourself too much! (I hope this doesn't sound harsh as it was not intended too). Good Luck!!!