Exercise Question; How much is too much?

Options
I'm just wondering if there's a limit to how far one should push themselves when working out.. For example I've heard great reviews so I've recently started with the 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack, p90x arms & shoulders as well as an hour of cardio at least 5 days a week.. Am I overdoing it? I know results don't happen overnight, but I want to see them so bad.

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Eat properly. You'll be fine. Just know that if you work out too much, you burn muscle as well. Burn it too fast and you get that skinny/fat look as well. Ease into to it. Let your body get lean. I know you want to see it badly, but you also want to do it safely and properly. Enjoy the journey!!!
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    The most important thing is to listen to your body, it will tell you when/if you are overdoing it. And make sure to get enough water and nutrition!
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always used the 10% rule. I never go from zero to full blown marathon or triathlon. Instead I increase my workout length or intensity only my 10%. It reduces the chance of injury too. Take care!