Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

same weight for weeks

so I have read a few other posts on this issue but still need some help. I eat about 1200 calories a day and burn 500 calories five days a week. Is there something I'm doing wrong or should change? i know i should maybe eat more calories but i am ussualy full and don't know any high calorie foods with still staying healthy!?

Replies

• Eat more almonds and other nuts. They are high in calories and good fats. Upping your calories will probably help.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    If you're within 20 lbs or so of your goal weight, changing your settings to lose a 1/2 lb a week & eating back most of your exercise calories will allow your body to let go of the last of your extra pounds. It will obviously be slow, but still faster than not losing weight at all. :)
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    you should probably eat more calories, find out your BMR and subtract 500 from your maintenance. Nuts are a good source of calories and healthy fats that won't fill you up. You also might be overtraining, make sure you get enough rest in between workouts
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    How long have you been doing this? What kind of work outs are you doing? You want to do cardio and keep your heart rate bewteen 60-70% of your max to burn fat. What is your carb and protein look like? Try to keep the carbs low and the protein high. Also keep sugar and sodium low.

As long as you are eating 1200 min. I wouldn't say eat more, unless you are hungry. JMO.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    sounds like you need to eat more....at least half of your exercise calories. If you are only netting 700 calories 5 days a week, that isn't good.
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    Eat more almonds and other nuts. They are high in calories and good fats. Upping your calories will probably help.

beans and lentils help alot too! Do you take recovery days? If you are stuck could it be that your body has reached its comfort zone? Maybe a change in routine or up the intensity. Start looking at BF% and see if maybe muscle is the culprit!
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    As long a you set up MFP right to start with than the daily calorie goal you are given already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. On top of this you are burning 500 calories 5 days a week through exercise. It sounds like you need to eat more calories because your body is hording the weight because it is in "starvation mode". There are a number of good quality protein bars out there that are fairly calorie dense and you get the added benefit of extra protein. You should be getting .5 to 1 gram of protein for each pound of lean body mass.