Giving myfitnesspal a chance - in my 50's with 77 lbs to los

Options
Well, here I am attempting for about the Million Gabillion time to lose weight.. for me.. it just seems to be getting worse at my age.. I am super active.. I do martial arts.. and I also do Zumba and tae bo..

Just before myfitnesspal, I have tried almost everything. So here goes.. my last attempt.

I could really use your support.. I feel so alone in this journey. This is Day 2.

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    hey,
    i'm in my 50's, and as of today, i have lost 73lbs. You can do it. you can add me as a friend if you want.
  • lucy218
    lucy218 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow you seem really active! Is it your calorie intake? Or possible medical factor?
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey there, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on day 158 or something insane like that ... and at day 2 there was no way i thought i stay this committed. I'll be 50 in September and have (had!) 60-70 to lose and have lost over 30 now. It's been steady, then it's been slow...but it has been Slow and Steady and that's the way to win this get healthy thing!
    Lots of great people here...I don't think you'll be alone for long.
    Cheers and welcome!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, too and never thought I'd be able to lose weight! You can do it!!!! This is a great place to get support and help. You'll love it!

Welcome!!!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    1CALIJIBARO2 Posts: 132
    Options
    I know the feelin......I'm 50ish myself & it's takin me sometime to get where I am @ 2day.....U'll b OK........not 2 worry..............we have ur back.................add me f u like..............WE R ALL IN THIS 2GETHER.........:smile: .....:glasses: :smokin:
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place! If nothing else, this site has taught me the mistakes I made with food. I already knew that you need to exercise, but I never realized how much damage I did with portion sizes! Good luck and the best advice I can give is stick with it!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It does seem to be harder to lose weight as we get older, I'm in my 40's and have alot to lose--my first goal is 54 lbs--then I'm going to try for another 20 lbs--to get to high school weight. This has been working well for me. Feel free to friend me.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You won't be alone in the weight loss battle for long. You have come to the right site for support. The people here are fantastic! I started here at the beginning of the year I had 55 lbs to lose in my first goal. I have lost 31 of that 55; and I attribute it to the support I have gotten from the people on MFP. We all have different ways we are trying to get there, but we all have the same goal...weight loss! Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me if you wish.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 57 and I love love love this site...the people are so supportive. We have our up and down days...but faithful logging gets you there...like someone said...slow and steady...feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • Nikki_856
    Nikki_856 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good luck! we are all here for you...
  • Osvhal
    Osvhal Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome aboard, we are in the same boat. No Titanic here.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: I am 58 and I have lost 34 pounds since end February, 2011. Just make a lot of friends for motivation on this site.