Pain on right side right below rib cage

Options
Melbel85
Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
I am on my 4th day of level 2 in Jillian Michaels 30DS. Both yesterday and today I experienced a sharp, stabbing pain in my right side. At first I tried to work through the pain but its just almost impossible! It seems to happen about half way through the work out on a high impact move. Not sure what it could be, has anybody else experienced this and should I be worried?

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Could it be a side stitch? How is your breathing?
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    just sounds like a regular cramp to me. i get them too sometimes especially when i workout too soon after i eat.
  • 40hereicome
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday after running & do 30DS. I googled it & this is what I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side_stitch. Hope this helps. :)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    sounds like a side stitch. are you breathing deep enough and are you drinking enough water
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Sounds like your diaphragm is spasaming. Take a deep breath and hold it in. Follow by several very slow, deep breathes. This will allow it to relax. As you train you'll strengthen this muscle and it'll hurt less and less :)
  • DrkHarlequin
    Options
    I agree side stitch. My husband gets them often and swears that he is dying.
  • dvigeant
    dvigeant Posts: 10
    Options
    I had similar problem and found out from my doctor that I was overdoing the water going from a non water drinker to 2 gallons a day all of a sudden. Besides that, I think you will find its just a cramp. I don't know your normal routine for exercising but remember that if you don't exercise normally at that level then don't try to jump head first in with the big dogs. Listen to your body and it'll tell you if you are working it or hurting it.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the information! I will try some of these "techniques" tomorrow for my workout!