What is my problem?!

Options
So here I am in my 6th month of a healthier lifestyle and I have lost all of my motivation. I've had more binge days and I have slacked off exercising so much. Each time I try one of my JM DVD's I barely last 20 minutes. I don't push myself to go to the gym and I don't know why. I still have 10lbs until I reach my goal weight so it's not like I'm satisfied with where I am at. I need some help :/ It would really help if I had a workout buddy but I don't so I need to be able to push myself.

Replies

• yeya29
    yeya29 Posts: 16
    Options
    Look at pictures of attractive people of your gender :P. It helps me!
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    Your problem is that you are human. ;-) We ALL lose our motivation from time to time. Just tell yourself that you MUST do it. Push yourself. Weight loss is one of the hardest battles you'll ever fight. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • trixielouise
    Options
    sometimes you just need to maintain for awhile before you can begin to lose again. your body is probably just trying to tell you that it needs a break. wait a week or two then try to jump back in there and see if it changes
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Remember, you are the only one who can make you get up and do it, so get up from in front of the computer and go exercise!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Find something that you enjoy doing. Look at it this way... if not now then when?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think the best motivation for you would be to look at before pictures of yourself. Not only will it remind you of how far you've come, but also what will happen if you revert to your old ways.

It may also be time to change up your routine, find something new and exciting to do.
  • doomface
    doomface Posts: 3
    Options
    Well done for getting this far! You look fab! I hate going to the gym as i get bored too easily and it makes me lose my motivation and i feel like chucking it! Why not try a class like body pump or body attack. I find that the instructors are great at keeping you involved and its great fun and you really feel like you've pushed yourself as much as you possibly can in that hour instead of maybe feeling like you had half a workout in the gym. For me its sometimg i look forward to every week. And also the group atmosphere may help rather than feeling that you are having to push yourself on your own. Good luck ;)