How long till people notice I lost weight?

mommyoftwins05
mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so far I only lost 4.6lbs so I don't expect it to show.. but I'm curious how many lbs will it take before my fiancee notices it?

Starting weight was 144.6
Current is 140.0
Main goal 115

I'm only 5'2

what do you think?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    He's a man, most aren't very observant. I am thinkng 3-6 months and 20 lbs later, lol. Keep in mind, when you live with somene it's harder to tell. On the other side, my wife kept thinking I was losing weight but I wasn't, but I was losing body fat and gaining muscle.
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    ive lost 21 pounds and people are just now starting to notice...or just waited this long to say it
  • mommyoftwins05
    He's a man, most aren't very observant. I am thinkng 3-6 months and 20 lbs later, lol. Keep in mind, when you live with somene it's harder to tell. On the other side, my wife kept thinking I was losing weight but I wasn't, but I was losing body fat and gaining muscle.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about a man not noticing.. but so often he hops on here and peeks at my profile lol
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    I'm 5'2" also and people started noticing (or at least mentioning) my weight loss at about 15-20 pounds.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    15-20?
  • mommyoftwins05
    ive lost 21 pounds and people are just now starting to notice...or just waited this long to say it

wow I hope he notices before that.. I was thinking maybe by 15lbs.. so I'd be at 129.6 hmm
  • mommyoftwins05
    I'm 5'2" also and people started noticing (or at least mentioning) my weight loss at about 15-20 pounds.

Ok thanks :)
  • mommyoftwins05
    15-20?

Ok thanks :D
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Men generally don't notice these things. My hubby has only recently made some remarks about how good I look when I wear clothes that actually fit. Obviously he KNOWS I've lost weight since we're both working on it, but he's used to seeing me in baggy shorts and tops. It really is nice when they notice though!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    he will probably notice more if you change your body composition. Meaning you lose body fat regardless if you lose, gain or stay the same weight. When you lose body fat and inches, it's easier to tell.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    People didn't notice until I hit 10lbs.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    I have lost 85 lbs and it took my boyfriend 4 months to notice (that was about 40 lbs) I was cleaning one day and he was like oh wow I can tell in your legs and chest (not boobs) that you lost weight, I was like REALLY you are just now noticing.
    and since then I have lost another 45 lbs and he says the same thing. he doesn't mention that I have gone down 8 sizes or anything
    drives me nuts, but the people that dont see me on a daily basis notice everytime, even if it's just a few lbs difference.

he will notice eventually but it's harder to tell when you see someone all the time
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Because we are shorter, once you have lost about 20 pounds, each few pounds become noticeable. I am very close to my goal of 124.0 now and every single pound is noticeable!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    It all depends...I agree about the guys LOL. However, I have noticed that the heavier you are, the faster you lose weight when you are really trying. I have also noticed there is a huge difference on losing weight for someone who is 170 lbs and 4ft 6in and 170 and 5ft 6in. The shorter you are the more compact you are and the more the weight shows.

It took my family about 6 weeks and 10 lbs to really see any difference.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Congrats on the Loss!!

I mean no offence by this but I doubt he WILL notice until you have lost a fair bit.... :ohwell: its the people who haven't seen you for a while who normally notice first...

The ones who see you every day wont notice as much because they see you every day... hehehe its annoying i know... its just like you probably wont notice a difference except in the scale, or the measuring tape. :flowerforyou:
  • juliejf22
    juliejf22 Posts: 6 Member
    Considering your height, people should start to notice around the 15 pound mark. My sister is 5'1" and that was her experience.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    It took about 25 pounds for people to notice for me. I am 5'7. The thing that helped me is that I finally bought pant that fit -- it was much easier for others (and me!) to notice that the body was getting smaller.

And it is much harder for people who see you frequently to notice!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    if hes not very observant & like my bf, then he'll notice when you get around 130 & then again around 120 :o) i'm 5'3 sw-140 cw-123 gw-110ish
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    ive lost nearly 17 and really no one has said anything, i do agree when you live with someone its harder to notice, but in the past when i lost weight , it was generally about 20 lbs, i think people notice sooner but may be afraid to ask.
  • UCFLauren
    UCFLauren Posts: 19 Member
    Depends on really how overweight you are and how much you have to lose. I need to lose 100+ pounds to reach my BMI goal. I have lost 28 now, and only the people I see only a daily or at least weekly basis have really noticed. I don't think I even look any different.
This discussion has been closed.