Fast burning exercises

nitarongish
nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I read this online and thought I would post it for you. I hope it does you some good as I am excited to begin it tomorrow. Best of luck! (Sorry, I copied the list right below this as well, but skip to where it says "Quick Calorie Burning Activities".)

Home
Weight Management
Burning Calories
Activities to Burn Calories
Quick Calorie Burning Activities

Post a comment | Print
Add to my favorites

Whether it's sitting and watching television or running a marathon, any activity you engage in will burn calories, but it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat. Considering that, according to Discovery Health, a 150-pound person only burns about 60 calories an hour sitting still, you need regular activity to increase your calorie burn and lose weight. Most people want the most bang for their buck when it comes to physical activity, hoping to burn more calories in less time. For the holy grail of calorie-burning magic, incorporate quick bursts of physical activity into your normal routine without having to hit the gym.
Jog in Place...or Around the Block

According to the American Council on Exercise, a 160-pound individual burns roughly 12.4 calories per minute while jogging. That's 124 calories every 10 minutes. You don't have to take a five-mile run to reap the calorie blasting benefits of jogging. Next time you find yourself with a few free minutes, jog in place. If you're waiting for your child's soccer practice to end, take a couple laps around the field. Just six, five-minute bouts of jogging distributed throughout the day will burn between 350 to 400 calories.
Jump Rope

According to Discovery Health, a 150-pound individual who jumps rope at a moderate pace for five minutes burns 56 calories, and if the same person jumps rope at a fast pace for five minutes, he'll burn 68 calories. Now that's some serious calorie burn.

Spend five minutes jumping in the morning, throw your jump rope in your bag and take a mid-morning, a lunch, and a mid-afternoon jumping break to keep yourself energized at work. Take another few minutes to jump in the early evening, and you'll have added a calorie burn between 280 to 340 over the course of your day.
Clean

Cleaning may not get you excited, but it's a necessary evil and burns plenty of calories. According to Fitness magazine online, vacuuming or mopping for an hour burns up to 245 calories. Other cleaning tasks probably won't burn quite as many calories, but turn on some music and add dance moves or exercises to your cleaning for more calorie burn. Cleaning 30 minutes a day might burn as many as 700 additional calories each week.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/160859-quick-calorie-burning-activities/#ixzz1Q3qucIex

Replies

• Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Interesting..thanks for sharing...
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Interesting..thanks for sharing...
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    love all the bonus cal burn you get just from day to day tasks. but i never include them in my exercise.
    Thanx for the post :)
  • Brenda_69
    Brenda_69 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the tip. I will try it.
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Love the proverb!
  • yalmira82
    yalmira82 Posts: 37
    Wow! That is all I do is clean. Get up in the morning, get ready, clean, go to work and sit at a desk for 8 hours, come home, cook, clean, and go to bed. I did not realize you burn that much calories...just doing your regular daily activities. Thanks for letting me know...I have learned something today!!!! :happy:
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Thanks for sharing, you learn something new everyday!! :)
This discussion has been closed.