QUESTION ABOUT MFP

Options
sheilahbb
sheilahbb Posts: 20 Member
I WAS VIEWING SOME OF THE POSTINGS AND I'M VERY CURIOUS TO FIND OUT IF THE WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS STORIES ARE DUE TO STRICTLY FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED CALORIE INTAKE AND EXERCISE... IF SO I FEEL REALLY EXCITED AND BLESS TO BE APART OF SOMETHING SO PROFOUND...

Replies

• anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    WELCOME this site is awesome
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is going to have their own ideas about what it means to use MFP - for me, I eat less food, but good food and exercise (and eat those calories back).
    So, yes, for me it's about following cals and exercising. I don't take any supplements, powders, drugs, don't have a heart rate monitor, don't own a Jillian Michaels DVD....
    MFP makes it possible for me to do the things that I know will work - eat less and move more!
    You can do it do :)
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    I also use the program designed here at MFP....and it is working for me... The people here are icing on a good cake.....
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    my loss is from following mfp .. only change i made was lowering the daily sodium allocation to 1500mg (because i have high blood pressure)

feel free to have a peek at my food diary if you'd like.. it's public *S*

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShellyMacchi/view/what-56-pounds-lost-looks-like-on-me-pics-116129
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I adjusted the recommend settings because the protein allowance was too low and the carbs were to high. I followed the recommendations of my doctor and my nutritionist. I followed the exercise at first but was able to increase it as I lost weight.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I use MFPs recommendation as a cut-off, but I always try and stay a couple hundred calories below my limit.
  • sheilahbb
    sheilahbb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    THANKS!:smooched:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    MFP helps me to really account for what goes into my body. I eat much better now and thoroughly enjoy planning my meals! Welcome. MFP will allow you to find out what works best for you. I do 3 meals, 3 snacks.