Anybody go from feeling full to starving within an hr.

Options
I can't predict my hunger. I feel my fullness and hunger gauge is broken. I never eat at the same times of day this might be why. I came home from the gym not very hungry but ate 2 helpings of dinner because it was dinner time not even very hungry and now after feeling so full it's been about an hr I feel so hungry my stomach is growling. I had 800 calories at dinner. I don't understand my brain and body.

Replies

• 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    only after eating Chinese food...
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I have this problem too....and it's always after lunchtime that is when it's worse. And I do eat at the same time as often as possible so I'm interested to hear other ideas too. Sorry I'm not any help!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I normally don't really get very hungry, but if I eat a bunch of vegetables (esp. broccoli) I will be STARVING an hour later. They actually make me hungry.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    It really depends on what I eat..if I eat nutri. things like veggies and fruit .. i dont tend to have the "ahh! i am soo hungry feeling" an hour later.. . however..if i eat junk or things full of sugar..well..i am really hungry later!!!

To help with that 'gotta eat ' feeling..i try and drink a bottle of water (about 20 oz) and then wait 30 min..if i'm still hungry i'll have a snack (something high in fiber to fill me up)

hope this helps!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    what did you have for dinner? try checking your protein to carb ratio and if you are way low on protein in relation to carb that could be your problem.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It was pasta so it was a higher carb to protein ratio but it had meat in it.
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Instead of eating three larger meals, break it up into 6 small meals throughout the day. It will help your metabolism and you'll be less hungry. Also, you might mistake your hunger for thirst so drink a full glass of water if that happens.
  • wonrob
    wonrob Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I get really hungry a short time after eating cereal

I usually don't eat until I'm hungry.
    Getting really hungry soon after eating means that your metabolism has kicked in to break down the food you ate.
    Try drinking lots of water or eating a small portion of something low GI, like some yoghurt
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm easily distracted, so if I'm busy, I won't notice that I need to eat until I slow down and have time to breath/think, and then within 5-10 minutes, I'm starving!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    take a look at what you are eating..

personally i find that for myself...that if i eat an apple or fruit i'm very hungry about a half hour to hour after...carbs keep me full..try tracking what you are eating when this happens and see if there is a pattern
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Are you getting plenty of water? Oftentimes when we are not drinking enough water, we think we are hungry when we are thirsty. I have noticed that I am not nearly as hungry on the days that I am drinking at least 64 oz. of water, but for some reason, I feel ravenous when I have tea, Coke, or anything other than water when I am thirsty. Those other things dehydrate us and make us feel hungry when we're not as hungry as we think.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am like this as well. its probably one of the main reasons I got over weight in the first place! I have to write down what I eat, so I don’t go over, because left to my own devises I could eat all day, ha ha ha ha! :heart:
  • kittyminxx
    kittyminxx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protein contains a hormone which triggers the brain into feeling full.

Try eating more protein for a week, see if i makes a difference.

Also I'm guessing when on first steps to losing weight your stomach will actually shrink if you used to eat healthily but giant portion sizes.

Thats my problem, I was used to eating the same as m brother except he's a man, 1.5 feet taller than me and overweight too.

Don't judge portion sizes on tv ads or what other peope eat, listen to your body and eat what is right for you.
    Find pleasure in other areas, endorphns from exercise, seeing a rainbow when walking, dancing, painting, reading whatever floats your boat :)
  • shawnakelsey
    shawnakelsey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I used to go right for the snacks (chips). Now I go for the fruit. Try it out all the fresh fruit u can. I always have a banana right after my workouts and it seems to crub my hunger. :happy: