Yesterday i ate close to 2000 calories and felt so hungry al

Options
Why? I get plenty of protein. I imagine I must have been eating 3000 calories a day before because how could 2000 be so unsatisfying. I am a pig.

Replies

• JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Honestly, I wish I could eat that many calories and be 162lbs. You're not a pig, and being mean to yourself won't do anything for you. Tomorrow is a new day. Eat more protein and fiber to help yourself feel full. If you feel hungry between meals, munch on a low cal snack. Don't feel guilty for giving your body what it needs.
  • HiJam
    HiJam Posts: 22
    Options
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't beat yourself up! 2000 cals can add up quickly and not satisfy me especially when it's processed food, beverages and the sweet stuff! You may just need to evaluate what you are eating and try to add more whole grains, vegetables and fruits, etc.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try eating more healthy FAT instead. Avocados, Nuts, Olives, Olive Oil, Coconut Cream, Coconut Oil :smile:
  • classyrae
    classyrae Posts: 1
    Options
    first of all, you're not a pig!

Some questions that come to mind when i read your entry: are you eating all your calories in one sitting or are you spacing them out? i've noticed that since i started really exercising more and paying attention to how many calories i'm in taking i've been eating much more.

Also, are you drinking enough water? often dehydration poises as hunger. drink more water for a day and see how it goes. maybe that will curb your appetite. good luck!
  • faithbelievejoy
    faithbelievejoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine how many calories I consumed before I joined MFP...probably close to 3000...and I was still hungry!!! So weird. Thank god for MFP.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were bored instead of hungry? That's my problem, so I have to distract myself. But take the other advice and choose more natural foods to feel fuller.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I find that sometime's I'm hungry regardless of how many calories I've had.
    There are a few things that I think influence this:
    - time of month - my hunger definitley changes as my cycle does
    - kind of food - if I've been eating cake or cookies or "empty calories" I will still feel hungry even with all those calories in me
    - when I eat - if I don't eat much in the morning, I am hungry for the rest of the day, even after lunch.

Try to keep track of what is happening when you are hungry, this way you might find some patterns that you can change.
    Or maybe your body is just adjusting to the change in food, exercise and calories.

PS. Calling yourself names isn't going to help. How about this instead: "yesterdays' food didn't work for me, what can I change?"
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I very active most days so that accounts for a lot of calories burned. I am truly hungry my body knows when I have lost a pound or 2 and its wants it back. Gotta say I am evening more hungry now that I am running.