I can't decide-should I decrease calories??

Options
I am losing SOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOWLY!!! I have about 10 lbs to go until I reach my goal. I started charting my calories in April (i think) and I've lost 8 lbs since then. MFP says I should lose about a pound a week eating around 1560 calories. Should I reduce my daily calories?? I am unsure about my daily activity levels. I have 5 kids (ages 10, 8, 5, 3 and 18 mos) and my house is full of stairs, I rarely sit down and we're constantly on the go. Would that be considered active or sedentary?

Replies

• LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    That would -- at minimum -- be considered lightly active, if not full active. I have 4 kids and rarely sit for any extended period of time..plus carrying kids, etc...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The last 10 is the hardest to lose from my understanding. I can't see your diary but I've heard that if you limit your carb intake it helps.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Definitely doesn't sound sedentary to me! I would set your daily activity level at "lightly active" or "active" and add in any extra exercise you do, then eat these calories too.
    If you've lost 8 pounds in around 8 weeks... then you are spot on. When you don't have so much to lose they aren't going to drop off like on the Biggest Loser.
    Half a pound a week might be even more realistic. Perhaps you should be eating more to fuel your body for your busy life?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    What ever you do don't go below a net of 1200 calories.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    THanks! No, I'd die if I went below 1200. I sometimes find it hard to stick to the 1500 but I suppose that's just part of the game :)
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Ok I changed my diary so if anyone has a suggestion.... I typically don't track the carbs and stuff but I don't think I've ever actually gone over. It's something to think about though, thanks!