Running Challenge (Half-Marathon)

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I have gotten a little stale in my workout routine. Since I hit my weightloss goal, I feel a little lost. So I decided I need a new goal, only this time not related to my weight.

I am starting this program tomorrow morning: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/inter.htm

I am starting it on this on Friday June 24. On the schedule it is a rest day, but I am doing Thursday's exercise and then starting Saturday I will follow the schedule exactly.

So anyone wanna try it with me?

Replies

• neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19
    Options
    check out nike plus for the ipod or nike plus gps app for the iphone. I love it! I am doing the Air Force Marathon Sept 17, 2011. So I am in! Good luck with your new goal!
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    I would...but I've actually gone a bit crazier. I'm currently doing Hal Higdon's "18 weeks full marathon training - Novice level". :)

Good luck with your half!!! I know I'm gonna need some for my full...
  • babyblue1974
    Options
    Hey,

I am not fit enough to do this but I admire your ambition. I may be ready to train for one next summer. In Any case, all the best to you and I hope you persevere and get it!:happy:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    check out nike plus for the ipod or nike plus gps app for the iphone. I love it! I am doing the Air Force Marathon Sept 17, 2011. So I am in! Good luck with your new goal!

I have the app on my itouch, but I haven't bought the thing for my shoe yet. And, thank you. This should be fun. :smile:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not really interested in the program, but would love to share experiences and t
    support. Was going to do a half in the fall, but looking like it might be getting pushed up to august 21st.

Just complete my first 10k, have a 10.5 mile end of July, so thinking that may be a nice progression.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Me too. Have done some marathons and halfs, but would love to follow your journey. It's a great new goal. Congratulations.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is too funny, I printed out that exact same training earlier today. I am registered for a half but it is not until Oct 16th. I was thinking of offiically starting training next week.