Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM Question (highs and lows)

When it says on your HRM to set a High and a Low HR what exactly does that mean?? is that mean what your H and L are in your fat burning zone or just over all or what.... that kinda gets me confused.

Replies

• Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    it would probably be helpful to tell us what make and model of HRM you have :)
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    normally it is the top and bottom range that you want the HRM to alarm (beep) to warn you when you hit the prescribed zones. Look up finding your heart rate and that will help you find your lower and uper limits.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    it would probably be helpful to tell us what make and model of HRM you have :)

lol good point!!! i have the NB one from target... it was like $50. i couldnt tell ya exactly the name cuz my husband trew the box! lol
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    normally it is the top and bottom range that you want the HRM to alarm (beep) to warn you when you hit the prescribed zones. Look up finding your heart rate and that will help you find your lower and uper limits.

so then what ever zone i want to stay at i would set the low to what ever that is and the high to what ever that is correct??
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    yup thats the basic concept.

220 - your age = maximum heart rate
    max heart rate - resting = heart rate reserve
    heart rate reserve * 65% + resting heart rate = lower limit
    heart rate reserve * 85% + resting heart rate = upper limit

good place to start! good luck!