Let's do this!

liveagain
liveagain Posts: 97 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
About 2 years ago I somehow lost 30 pounds without doing much of anything. I stopped losing wieght but wasn't gaining any either. Then this summer I gained 10 pounds. Now I want to lose that and keep going until I reach my target.

I found this site today as I was surfing for "Diet" tips. ("diet" is in quotations because if I refer to anything as a diet I freak out and don't succeed.) Anyway, just saying hi. I can't wait to reach my goal because once I do I'm going to go rock climbing. WOO!

<33
Kendra

Replies

• liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    About 2 years ago I somehow lost 30 pounds without doing much of anything. I stopped losing wieght but wasn't gaining any either. Then this summer I gained 10 pounds. Now I want to lose that and keep going until I reach my target.

I found this site today as I was surfing for "Diet" tips. ("diet" is in quotations because if I refer to anything as a diet I freak out and don't succeed.) Anyway, just saying hi. I can't wait to reach my goal because once I do I'm going to go rock climbing. WOO!

<33
    Kendra
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    mfpwelcome001.png

I would never refer to this as a "diet". The word makes me freak out too. I guess if I had to label it, I would say it was "healthy eating". We should eat to live, not live to eat, right? Anyway, welcome! You can reach your goal and not have to suffer while getting there. I can hardly wait to see pics of you climbing big rocks. :wink: Good luck!
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Welcome! You will LOVE it here. The best thing???? The people are amazing, supportive and they respond so dang quick so you are not sitting around for days waiting for someone to respond.

Keep us informed on how you are doing!!!

Jamie
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member

<33
    Kendra

Girl! I wish you lived here in Oregon! Because rock climbing is something I want to do too! Where I live there is an awesome place to go Rock Climbing called Smith Rocks and at least one Rock Climbing gym that I know about. We Can Do IT! :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member

<33
    Kendra

I learned early on when I came to MFP that it ISN'T a diet here, it's a "lifestyle change". And THAT'S the reason I've managed to do so well here, when I failed at every other "DIET". Whenever I heard the word diet, I'd get a sick feeling in my stomach. I immediately felt "deprived" and knew that I'd only go so long before I'd "cave" and start eating the "good stuff" again, and gain back the little that I'd lost. BUT, it's NOT like that here AT ALL! Here, you just watch your numbers on the food log (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and get in some exercise, and the weight "practically" falls off! It's THAT easy!
    So between the food log and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL be rock climbing before you know it!
  • hello,
    I have been logging for only a few days now and it really is an eyeopener! I had stalled after shedding 82 pounds and couldn't figure out why the sudden stop. I started logging in everything I put in my mouth and my workout and bam!! 3 pounds just flew off never to be seen again!! What a great site this is. It's helped mye over a tough hurdle the first week! I just needed more accountability. I almost feel like big brother is watching me when I'm making my food choices. I also look at my calories as a budget. How am I going to spend my calories the wisest and still have a little fun along the way!:wink:

Welcome!

Rita
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

Rock Climbing ... That sounds fun :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.