HELP! I'm always over my calories limit

justbee27
justbee27 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I can have 1200 kcal a day and I'm really trying to eat healthy and watch what i eat but i still go over 1200. I only just started counting calories about 5 days ago and I managed once to stay under 1200. I'm not over by much - around 200 kcal. :grumble:
Does anybody have any recipe ideas or can tell me what you eat during the day if you are only allowed 1200 kcal too please?
Thanks

Replies

• I can have 1200 kcal a day and I'm really trying to eat healthy and watch what i eat but i still go over 1200. I only just started counting calories about 5 days ago and I managed once to stay under 1200. I'm not over by much - around 200 kcal. :grumble:
    Does anybody have any recipe ideas or can tell me what you eat during the day if you are only allowed 1200 kcal too please?
    Thanks
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I can have 1200 kcal a day and I'm really trying to eat healthy and watch what i eat but i still go over 1200. I only just started counting calories about 5 days ago and I managed once to stay under 1200. I'm not over by much - around 200 kcal. :grumble:
    Thanks

Can you add some exercise to your day? That will increase the amount of calories you can eat in the day - and that extra 300-600 calories will probably make a huge difference to you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    ok,first ive gotta ask...do you eat your exercise calories?

LOL,looks like i was beat to the punch the same question:happy: :laugh: :wink:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    I'm having the same problem. I've been doing this for a little over a month and have never been able to limit myself to 1200 calories. I just get too hungry and/or shaky. Fortunately, I do some exercise most days.
    What makes it worse is that I've been waking up at 5:00. It's a long time to go until 11 pm or later on just 1200 calories. I'm open to suggestions on satisfying low -calorie choices as long as no artificial sweeteners. Thanks.

I just managed to avoid eating another little snack just by sitting here perusing the meesage baord and writing this. Distraction helps. So, bye for now - i will go wrap my son's birthday gifts and try to exercise before we eat cake!:laugh:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Also have you calculated your BMR? Go to "tools" and figure it if you have not because 1200 may very likely be too little for you! 1200 is a suggestion, i eat 1350 with out exercise calories, there are plenty of people on MFP who have successfully lost weight, eating well over 1200 calories (i'm talking like 2000) You need to be eating the right amount for your body:happy:
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!:flowerforyou: Cara
  • Thank you so much for your answer. I will give it a go :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Great idea Cara. Thanks. Unfortunately, however, my BMR is only 1208. So, no extra calories for me unles I exercise.:sad:
  • Thanks for the tip Cara! I did the BMR calculation and it came to 1357 :happy:
  • I found that i usually ate over 1800 calories a day BEFORE my diet. I'm still a "teenager" so its hard to watch calories. I just started this past week and i find, even though there expensive. buy the 90-100 calorie treats. It is the perfect amount for a little snack, so when you are HUNGRY (key word) you eat a snack. If you find yourself just eating because your bored, by some sugar free gum and pop on in when your bored, it'll prevent from munching.
    Also, remember to eat recommended Portion sizes and cut all fast food and sweets/pop out.

ie: when having chicken. eat about a palm size amount, thats the recommended serving size. Don't put bbq sauce or breading on it. it raises the calorie intake

Hope this helps. :smile:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    No problem....i am glad you figured it!!! Now you know the MINIMUM amount of calories you need.....you can get een more through exercise!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.