Cluster Funk

Options
I don't know what is up with me lately. Well yeah i do work sucks right now and my weight seems to jump all over the place. I weighed in this morning at 208, my weigh Sat ( which was after a day of hydration and rest) was 206. Why in the hell have I been weighing in this week at 208! Did I really not lose that weight and it was water even though I hydrate the hell out of myself and especially the day before a weight in? This happens every week it seems like. I think this crap is mostly in my head because I usually hit my pound to pound in a half a week. I think I just need to stop weighing myself everyday.. Sometimes I even check my weight at night? Why in the hell do I do that? I want to hit my goal so bad and have been doing well I think but then I get on the scale and I let that dictate my mood. The stuff with work you all can't help with. I 'll leave that up to God.
Anyways thanks for listening to my high class problems...

Replies

• roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Absolutely stop weighing yourself every day!

I'm probably at an extreme for someone on here but I only get weighed once a month, by a nurse at my local health centre. No scales in our house, other than the kitchen, of course :^D

Rosey x
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    the scale can be evil... put it away for a month then weigh your self.
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    LOL. I love/hate my scale too. Only difference is mine motivates me to push harder. My scale is the reason I get up at 5:00 AM to run. It's only some glass and metal, but it is very powerful glass and metal.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale in my house. I have weighed myself once since starting, at about 4 weeks. It would dictate my life/moods, if I had one here.
  • sueclarklee
    Options
    Don't underestimate how much your weight can fluctuate because of water and salt! I "put on" over 6lbs last weekend, from my Friday weigh-in until Monday, because of chips and beer on a girls cottage weekend. But the weight comes off a couple of pounds a day- just drink lots of water, watch the salt and work out- and now I'm back to where I was a week ago.

The food tracker lets you follow your sodium. I've found that has a big effect for me...
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Yeah I went over my food from the week end and looks like on Tuesday I had a free for all on Sodium. I talked to my wife about cutting down on it and now I just have to do it. I love wheat crackers etc... Chips and though I can afford the calories the Sodium KILLS ME!