I am new and I need to lose 30 kgs

Options
Hello My Fitness Pals...

I have signed up here hoping to find the support, information and motivation I need to keep going on my long journey toward fitness. I have a strong desire to lose the pounds I have accumulated in my body as a result of stress, emotional eating and lack of motivation and support. I need to lose 30 kgs. I have to go through a surgery in October to fix my shoulder and I wish I can lose at least 15 kgs before my surgery as I am sure I will be sitting after for few weeks until I am recovered and I don't wish to gain more wait during my recovery period. It would be great If I am able to lose 30 kgs in 90 days but I believe that this is impossible. So I am trying to be realistic here and aim for 15 kgs by the end of September.

This is also my last year as 20' something and it matters to me to accomplish my goals before I turn 30 next May... One of my biggest goals is to be physically fit.

Good luck to all!

Your Fitness Pal,

Veronica

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place Veronica! The people are really friendly and supportive, I'm pretty new and totally addicted! there are loads of interesting posts in the forum. Good luck and feel free to add me if you feel a bit new and friendless lol!
    Hilary
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am in my late 20's too, with a similar amount to lose too. feel free to add me :o)
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi Veronica! Welcome to MFP. You sound determined to reach your goals, so you've definitely come to the right place! I am a 20-something who also decided it was time to get fit before I turned 30 (I have a few more years to go, but figured why wait any longer!). This site has helped me immensely since I joined, I don't think I would have been able to lose any of the 24 lbs I've lost without it to keep me on track and accountable. I've learned so much about eating healthy, eating enough (I didn't realize how often I was actually UNDEReating, trying to lose weight) and how to fit exercising into a rather busy lifestyle.

Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to provide support and encouragement to those determined and focused to get healthy!
  • mum23boys
    mum23boys Posts: 31
    Options
    Your goal is very attainable! I have been on myfitnesspal since the beginning on February and have lost 40 pounds in just over 4 months. (iam excited that I am now into maintaining) I find it all comes down to math. If I don't have enough numbers in a day, I don't have a snack. And if I do have enough I have a treat like popcorn. On most days I would have an abundance. Exercising is critical and helps you reach your goal so much faster (plus your body really does want to be more active). I take one day at a time and when I get through it I enjoy the accomplishment that it is (as some days are harder than others). You CAN do this! Good luck!
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    Your goal is very attainable! I have been on myfitnesspal since the beginning on February and have lost 40 pounds in just over 4 months. (iam excited that I am now into maintaining) I find it all comes down to math. If I don't have enough numbers in a day, I don't have a snack. And if I do have enough I have a treat like popcorn. On most days I would have an abundance. Exercising is critical and helps you reach your goal so much faster (plus your body really does want to be more active). I take one day at a time and when I get through it I enjoy the accomplishment that it is (as some days are harder than others). You CAN do this! Good luck!

I like it that you "Take one day at a time" I need to do this too to focus and be patient.. Good luck with your mission. Thank you for your support. :)
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss.

Thank you, Good luck to you too!!