Sneakers

Options
Hi,

My sneakers seem to have broken down already. I was wearing Nike Dancer's. They lasted about 2 months, with 1 month very heavey use with TurboFire. I need to get another sneaker, but I am not sure if I should get a running shoe or a cross trainer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be doing a lot of Cardio with TurboFire.

Thanks,

Replies

• misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I only use my running shoes for running. I use cross trainers for all other exercise even cardio.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    I have Reebok Easy tones http://www.reebok.com/US/product?modelId=30038134&articleId=J14072

They're a little weird at first, it feels like air bubbles in the sole to put you off balance, but you get used to them pretty quick and I don't even feel them anymore. I use them for running mostly and I've had them for months.

Love them =]
  • therealkatarr
    Options
    I don't have a recommendation because I am in the same boat. I'm switching out between a few pairs of wearing down (and in one set's case, pretty worn out) shoes because I haven't gotten the chance to go on a good shoe search. I bought some Champion running shoes on clearance that lasted about a year, so I'm torn between doing that and saving money or opting to go with one of the suggestions I get here. Thanks for posting the thread, I'll definitely be taking any recommendations you get into consideration. Good luck in your shoe search!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just Googled "Turbofire Shoes" in case there was something official from Chalene. No luck from her, but I did find a couple of recommendations that turned up several times:

1) Crosstrainers are the way to go
    2) Several people mentioned the Nike Shox as especially good
    3) A TurboKick instructor mentioned the Rebok RunTones (she described them as "clouds for the feet")
    4) New Balance Cross-Trainers also were recommended

Of course, for everyone who had something good to say about one brand, someone else had something negative to say; everyone has different needs and opinions on what feels good. So I'd recommend starting with this list and seeing which shoes feel right for your feet.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    i ended up getting the Nike Shox, Really like them. Thank you everybody for your suggestions. :happy: