What is the best quick easy FILLING breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know myself. No matter what I think up, I'm always hungry 2-3 hours later, and my lunch is waaay in the afternoon. :/

I have the same problem. I have to get up very early and eat before I leave the house for work. my commute is unfortunately 2+ hours a day (by train). I'm *always* hungry again by the time I get to work, which makes sense, eat at 6am, hungry at 9am...

i just accept this now and either split up my food in the morning (as you can see in my diary by B1 and B2) or I drink a lot of water and tea before lunch and just try to wait it out.

I'm certain this has to do with my (lack of ) sleep schedule and my commute.

edited to add: even OATMEAL doesn't "stick to my ribs" and keep me full until lunch! I make omelettes, oatmeal, big sandwiches, etc. nothing keeps me going until lunchtime because there are 6 hours in between :(
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Try egg beaters :D 30 cals for 1/4 cup that is one large egg
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Last night I mixed one lower sugar strawberries and cream oatmeal packet with about 5oz of Chobani yogurt and stuck it in the fridge. By morning, the oats have softened and it's super yummy and portable. About 220 calories.
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    De Wafelbakkers have great pancakes. (http://www.dewafelbakkers.com/pancakes.html). I've tried the Maple ones and the A+ Cinnamon Sweet Potato ones. The Maples ones taste great and work well if you want to make something like a McGriddle, but the ones that come in the box are healthier - they contain more PROTEIN and FIBER and can usually be found with the natural and orgainc stuff. I ADORE ADORE ADORE the Sweet Potato ones, but nutritionally speaking, the Whole Wheat or Flaxseed ones are your best bet.

Anyways, pop two pancakes in the toaster. Fry or scramble one egg (with yolk) or two/three/more egg whites. Add cheese. (Personally, I prefer a half a slice of sharp cheddar - when it comes to cheese I try to eat strong ones). Cook up a turkey sausage patty, sausage crumbles, turkey/pork bacon, whatever you want without going overboard. Sometimes I add jalapenos or red peppers or avocado. This makes a friggin awesome breakfast sandwich!!!! Tastes great and it's guilt free.

Use cooking spray - no oils when frying. The important thing is to consume protein for breakfast, and good carbs like the pancakes will help keep you full too.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I make half cup oats with 1tsp of vanilla extract, 1tsp of cinnamon, 1tsp sugar free maple syrup, and 1-2 tbs of peanut butter. I am usually full until lunch but I still eat a snack. at 9 my usual time.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of plain cheerios with a small banana (sliced up into the cereal) and a half cup of unsweetened almond milk and a half cup of cottage cheese on the side this morning. I'm actually surprised at how filling it was.

And, I agree with lowfatpie. Oatmeal does NOT fill me up at all. Maybe I'm weird exception or something, lol... I still love oatmeal though. I just don't eat it when I'm starving or when I know lunch is going to be late.
  • robie
    robie Posts: 7
    Options
    am on the run every morning so I blend fresh fruit, fat free milk, about two ounces of yogurt, couple tablespoons of milled flax seed, one to two tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar add ice after blending to made how thick you would like.
    I love bananas, peanutbutter, yogurt, flax, vinegar with a little ice YUM!
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    If you're a cereal person I find that Special K Protein Plus Cereal is VERY filling because it's absolutely packed with protein and fiber.

A serving is 3/4 cup, 100 calories, 14g carbs, 5g fiber, 10g protein!
  • Clairebryant36
    Options
    instant porridge, add some banana or rasins, bran yum, keeps me going for 4 hours!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Reading through the first page or so-- most of the responses are fairly high in calories. I guess a lot of people suggest eating your biggest meal at breakfast, but I am not that hungry in the morning.

One of my fave low cal (and even vegetarian) breakfasts is 1/2 cup of egg whites, 1 slice of onion, a handful of baby spinach, 5 grape tomatoes halved. You can scramble it in a pan or just nuke for a few minutes, stir, and keep microwaving until cooked through.

Variations would be bell pepper, onion, salsa and maybe some reduced fat cheddar or a weight watchers string cheese?

Hope you got some good ideas!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I want something healthy, worth the calories, that will hold me off for a long time.

I need something quick and easy.

Any ideas?

During a normal work day i have 3 breakfasts but my hours are not really normal. Weekends more or less but most always at .5 a lb loss goal. I don't eat for the fullness factor i eat for nutrition. Eggs/Protein because they are slow to digest keep you fuller longer.

4:00am Breakfast 1- Cold cereal, milk and coffee- around 340 cals
    6:30am Breakfast 2- Pure Protein bar- 180-200 cals
    8:45am Breakfast 3- 1-2 pieces of fruit generally banana and orange
    11:00am Lunch- Avg 400-500 (left overs)
    4:00pm Supper- Avg 400-600 cals
    6:00pm Last Snack- 200 cals or less usually Pistachio nuts.

Daily between 1900-2200 calorie average. Less if you figure it as NET
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I like to say Egg Beaters eggs are pretty great in cals and pretty quick to cook up. 30 cals for 1/4 of a cup which is one large egg :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I eat spinach quiche everyday with a side of yogurt. I aim for about 400ish calories for b'fast. Today I had sardines & yogurt (not together).