Strawberry recipe ideas?

Options
DanL66712
DanL66712 Posts: 135
We're doing a strawberry tea party at work to raise money for charity. We need to bring a strawberry centred recipe so I thought I would see if anyone out there knew of anything a little bit different and a little bit special for an idea!

Cheers

Dan

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Eton mess!
    Crush some meringue nests and mix in some chopped strawberries with some low fat cream or creme fraiche and voila!
    The best strawberry recipe ever! lol
    :laugh:
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    This: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Strawberry-Focaccia-with-Maple-Balsamic-Onions

Amazing! Especially if you add a little goat cheese on top!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My other half just made some incredible Strawberry jam with this stuff that mixed with Splenda. Only 5 calories a serving and it tasted freakin fabulous. We had to buy the bell jars, but now they make them out of plastic so they were not real expensive and it did not ruin my day to eat it. Yummy. It is the regular canning pectin mix. Recipe inside!
  • Jennylee1214
    Options
    Strawberry Trifle

1 - Angel Food Cake, torn into bite size pieces
    3 Cups - Strawberries, sliced
    8 oz. Pkg - Fat Free Cream Cheese
    1 Cup - 1% Milk
    1 10-12 oz. Container Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping
    1 tsp. - Vanilla Extract
    1 tsp - Lemon Juice

Hull and slice strawberries, set aside. Tear cake into bite sized chunks and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla extract and milk with a hand held blender until smooth. Gently fold in Cool Whip. In a large trifle bowl (or a clear of glass salad bowl), layer cake, cream cheese mix, and strawberries and top with Cool Whip. Garnish with strawberries.
    This is very simple and quick to make. (15 min)
    115 Calories / 18 servings
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Not the healthiest but easy......one box yellow cake mix .....make this up then add strawberries to it (you can use any fruit) then bake in oven.....top with cool whip or ice cream!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Strawberry scones with strawberry jam & sweetened creme fraiche

Go and find a good plain scone recipe from the good food/ delicious magazine/ bbc food website and add some chopped fresh strawberries & a little pureed stawberries to the scone mix (so it is pink). Bake as usual & stuff those bad boys with jam & low fat creme fraiche sweetened with granulated splenda.

Plus, you can add some more fresh strawbs to the filling if you like.