Girls Only Please!

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I never weigh the week that I have my period, never.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would go up 3-6 lbs every month for a couple days!! It's normal, sucks! but normal.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scale around that time because the scale is always sooo mean to me. you retain more water!
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    I was bad last night and had a bunch of brownies :( That could be effecting it but, whatever. I'm going to be really good the rest of this week. No more pigging out!
  • twinkle1074
    Options
    Definitely...as a matter of fact I would recommend that women avoid weighing themselves during their period because it can be counterproductive for a lot of reasons. Number one you feel bloated anyway so you will assume you gained weight which can vary from 1 - 5 pounds during your period. Secondly it takes about 5 days to get back to your normal weight once your period starts.
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    omg.
    yes!!!!
    i bloat like crazy just before my period to the point where sometimes i actually get worried that im knocked up! lol
    and i always gain about 5lbs.
    i chill in flowy hippie dresses for a week.
  • kelc84
    kelc84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I always gain around 5 pounds a few days before I start! Just try to stay away from the scale around that time so you don't stress yourself out, and keep exercising and drinking LOTS of water!!! It also helps to stay away from anything really salty and starchy!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If I drink like mad before and during, I can usually manage to only gain a pound. Then I drop two the next week. I do weigh myself every day. I don't take the weigh-ins terribly seriously but they give me something to think about when all I want is red meat, salt and chocolate. And I keep exercising, it just makes me feel better about myself.
    Also, a couple years ago I switched to a 3 month pill. It helps a lot. I used to be, um, crazy for about a week out of every four and I just couldn't take it anymore.
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I actually lose weight while it's that TOM for me. Weird, I know, but it's true.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i actually had a post about this not too long ago. apparently we have a spike in weight twice a month. once being mid cycle around ovulation and the other being when TOM is here. along with that you have 2 dips in weight through out the month :) dont sweat it.